What's new

Rice Video Community version

guadelupe

The page gives me this:
"
Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /en-au/download/details.aspx
"

guadelupe

Great! That DirectX finally got it working :)
Thanks for the step-by-step run through, Fanatic and death-droid. I guess I'll head on down to the Community Retexture Pack thread to report bugs and such.

AIO

This plugin is pretty good.

I'm running into a few issues though. One is that when I turn off FPS limit, I still get 60 fps. Did I do something wrong?

F

Fanatic 64

I'm running into a few issues though. One is that when I turn off FPS limit, I still get 60 fps. Did I do something wrong?
What version of Project64 are you using?

TimoV

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place for bug reports but here goes ;):

On both Rice 0.2.2 and 0.3.0, I'm getting a Exception caught error when I let Project64 automatically go to fullscreen when a rom is loaded. I'm not experiencing this error on other video plugins (like Glide or Jabo)...

The reason I really want this to work is because I use Steam's In Home Streaming with this plugin, so I don't Always have a keyboard handy when I'm sitting in the couch in my living room ;). Attachments show my settings and the error.

This happens when I'm playing both LoZ-OOT and MM (don't have any more roms at this time), both when I use and don't use high-res textures.

Attachments

• Screenshot (103).png
    Screenshot (103).png
    360.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot (104).png
    Screenshot (104).png
    28 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot (105).png
    Screenshot (105).png
    38.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot (106).png
    Screenshot (106).png
    31.1 KB · Views: 93

AIO

Nevermind about my previous problem. I have a bigger issue I need to fix before worrying about that. No matter what version of Rice or 1964 video, it eventually causes the emulator to crash. Anyone know a solution? I'm thinking it's hardware / settings related because I used to use Rice a lot back in the day.

Hi!

On both Rice 0.2.2 and 0.3.0, I'm getting a Exception caught error when I let Project64 automatically go to fullscreen when a rom is loaded. I'm not experiencing this error on other video plugins (like Glide or Jabo)...

The reason I really want this to work is because I use Steam's In Home Streaming with this plugin, so I don't Always have a keyboard handy when I'm sitting in the couch in my living room ;). Attachments show my settings and the error.

This happens when I'm playing both LoZ-OOT and MM (don't have any more roms at this time), both when I use and don't use high-res textures.
Those builds are unstable.

AIO

I thought 0.2.2 was the latest stable version, as mentioned in the first post?
I thought so too until I tried it. I can't even play SSB64's intro without the emulator freezing. Also this plugin is based on Rice Video Beta, which is buggy too. I beleive the "stable" version was built with DX9. If I'm correct, then it's definitely not stable. Can you even go past 60fps after disabling the frame limiter?

OP
death--droid

death--droid

This is not an issue with the plugin, for the most part the plugins are fully capable of running games at 60 FPS, the limitation comes down to the way the actual emulator itself handles the core clock and calls on the Video plugin to draw. I could be completely mistaken of course, so if someone more knowledgeable would like to tell me otherwise feel free to step in.

I tried both 1.6 and 2.1. I also have a problem with the audio being more out of sync when I use this plugin, compared to others.

This is due to Rice Video firing interrupts at the wrong time if im not mistaken.

Hi!

Ok this is defintiely one I really need to fix up, ive been slowly working to improve fullscreen but havent worked on the emulator for some time as ive been busy with exams and such. I will definitely have to work on it though. Im guessing fullscreen still works fine if you put it to fullscreen after the game starts?

I thought 0.2.2 was the latest stable version, as mentioned in the first post?

All the current versions should be asumed unstable. The experimental version is just extra unstable. I stupidly shouldnt of been calling it stable when it wasn't >.<

Last edited:

AIO

I'm just confused because DX8 version is a lot more stable and the only issues I have with that version are issues I have with most versions of Rice Video. Had the DX9 version not been way faster, I wouldn't even care for DX9, but something about it is special! So I'd like to fix these problems.

Another weird thing is how other people tried the DX9 version and did not have the same amazing results like I did. That's just strange how simply switching to DX9 caused these timing issues.

One problem I really need to fix is the fact that all versions of Rice Video eventually crash the emulator. It only happens on my computer though...

F

Fanatic 64

I remember years back when Mudlord's Rice Video 6.1.4 gave me this error:
Umm... Where do these blocks go?

And clicking Accept immediately bluescreened my computer.

Anyway, since the last few versions, the lowering moon in the title of Ocarina of Time has been kinda shaky. It's subtle, but it did not happen on earlier versions. You may want to look into that.

AIO

So I payed attention to some details and googled the error code I was getting. People mentioned about disabling DEP, but that didn't work for me. I get errors like these

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: 1964.exe
Application Version: 0.9.9.0
Application Timestamp: 5399496d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_612a
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce753
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 612a
Additional Information 2: 612ad4a13b68e24a1969e0f791ce72be
Additional Information 3: 02a3
Additional Information 4: 02a33efccdd31fbaf8919cc42627d4a8

I'm using win 7 64bit, are there any better solutions?

Last edited:

AIO

Well that's weird because I compiled 1964 1.1 with DEP off. Lol I guess they didn't bother changing the version number for 1964 1.1. The win title still says 1.0 lol.

The thing is, I get the same crash on any emulator I play on. I tried restarting my computer to see if the DEP disabling fixed it, but it didn't.

I tried using OpenGL instead of Direct X, on Rice Video 6.1.1 beta and i never got the crash. I guess I'll just have to use other plugins instead :( .

Although, with pj64 1.6, the emulator crashes when I reset a game using Rice Video 6.1.1 beta OpenGL. With Pj64 2.1 it only crashes when I do soft reset, but not hard reset.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hey guys can you post any issues you have on here, https://github.com/death-droid/Rice-Video/issues? with as much information as you have, and when it occured during use. Also feature suggestions and such can go there to. Will just make it easier for me to track the problems.

Yoru crash sounds rather odd AIO and reminiscent of one i swore i fixed, ^Fill in an issue at the link above and if im able to reproduce it, it will definitely help me work out how to fix it

AIO

Alright thanks. I will be sure to write all the current issues I have. I made a Github account just now xD. I'm glad to still you're still willing to work on it :D .