What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0 vs. Conker's BFD

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
First of all: great work you did. Your plugin has become my favouite finally (since I got a new - faster - computer). Especially Conker's BFD looks amazing with this one - blur, reflections etc.

There is however a weird problem: Whenever I get control of Conker the camera spins like crazy making it impossible for me to control him. First I thought that it might be a 1964 problem, but when switching to Jabo's 1.5.1 this problem is gone...

I use the Direct3D mode (with my mobile Radeon 9700) with Full pixel shader enabled.

If anybody could help me fix it.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I would recommend using pj64 and jabo's 1.5.1 plugin for this game. I haven't had that much of a problem on 1964 with this game either though.

OP
F-3582

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Mystic Gohan said:
I would recommend using pj64 and jabo's 1.5.1 plugin for this game. I haven't had that much of a problem on 1964 with this game either though.

Of course, I could, but I already finished it once using PJ64 and Jabo's. The point is that it looks much better with Rice Video 5.6.0.

P.S.: I don't know if this is possible, but at some scenes the polygons seem to come a bit too close to the camera and get cut off (known issue, D3D related, yeah, yeah, yeah...). Do you see any chances to fix that one?

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
F-3582 said:
First of all: great work you did. Your plugin has become my favouite finally (since I got a new - faster - computer). Especially Conker's BFD looks amazing with this one - blur, reflections etc.

There is however a weird problem: Whenever I get control of Conker the camera spins like crazy making it impossible for me to control him. First I thought that it might be a 1964 problem, but when switching to Jabo's 1.5.1 this problem is gone...

I use the Direct3D mode (with my mobile Radeon 9700) with Full pixel shader enabled.

If anybody could help me fix it.

This may be a silly question, but did you check the settings of the input plugins to make sure there wasn't anything odd in those?

Oh, and I haven't tried it with Conker, but Direct64 is a good plugin to try out... we're hoping that a new version will be released soon.

OP
F-3582

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Powerlord said:
This may be a silly question, but did you check the settings of the input plugins to make sure there wasn't anything odd in those?

Oh, and I haven't tried it with Conker, but Direct64 is a good plugin to try out... we're hoping that a new version will be released soon.

Your first question: Yes, I did. It is definitely the Video Plugin.

Your second suggestion: Baaad idea. It shows lots of weird stuff.

Clements

F-3582 said:
P.S.: I don't know if this is possible, but at some scenes the polygons seem to come a bit too close to the camera and get cut off (known issue, D3D related, yeah, yeah, yeah...). Do you see any chances to fix that one?

Try Glide64 + Hacktarux's wrapper. It solves this clipping issue in other games, and I think CBFD too.