What's new

Rice Like audio plugin. is it possible?

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
hey i know i've posted it a long time ago, so i wanted to check maybe someone has found a way, basicly my idea is doing the same thing that the rice plugin does with textures only with audio files.

the ability to dump the audio files, or maybe just get their names, and then to be able to load audio files from your hard drive.

so anyone has an idea?

here's my old post just for refrence
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=32265

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Well, it can be possible via HLE, with LLE, its impossible.

But then, it will require a fair degree of reverse-engineering, just like USF creation, to intercept ROM calls to audio functions for each game, and playback audio streams via the replacements...

OP
undertaker 666

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
lots of big words, let's get down to possible or not. is it? btw i love your rice plugin, great thing that you changed the screen shot into png.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Basically, it is possible, but as I explained, it will be very hard.

And thanks for the feedback on the plugin, it means a lot to me :).

OP
undertaker 666

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
ok hard but possible is cool. now all that's missing is someone who knows how to code using the method\system you mentioned, and has a lot of free time to create such a plugin.

just for the general info, this idea is for no mercy, for entrance themes, and menu themes. so it's good to know it's possible, cuz last time i asked i didn't really get an answer.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's very hard because every game uses its own audio-creation method; there's no hardware to do the sound like ther is for graphics. So in theory HLE should be able to do it, but then again, we don't know if it's possible to do it through HLE.
We'd just need someone who's really willing to look into it as mudlord mentioned...

Cyberman

I'm afraid this is a frequently asked question. The answer in terms of practicality versus time investment is NO. It's just not really necessary let alone the effort invested is far more than the gain. This is due to the fact the majority of PC audio systems are poorer by comparison than the original audio hardware on the N64. Such is life no?

Cyb