What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.0.1

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Rice, can you please do me a favor and tell me the settings you use on your machine with the Rage 128, as well as drivers & DX version? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Keep up the great work :)

EDIT: oh, and we should really make a rice smilie...:baaa:

w00t

nephalim said:

EDIT: oh, and we should really make a rice smilie...:baaa:

done!
rice.gif

cant wait to try out teh new plugin!! w00t!!!!!

Alex3305

:: e M u :: M a S t E r ::
Thanks for your tip DeleteBR but it is still not working.
Can someone plzz post a screenshot of the best settings with GeForce 2 MX and I am using drivers 15.18 (I thought).
And OpenGL should be the best mode because it is the fastest !!
And you know RICE RULEZ !!!

Kain222

I just signed up so I can say great job Rice. Your plugin is finally making N64 emulation worth while. I look forward to every update. I hope you continue the excellent work you've started until N64 emulation is more or less complete. Again, good work.

-Kain

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Rice, I thought 4.6 was your latest, (I rarely read the 1964 forums, I usually stick to PJ64) when I got 5.0.1 damn, i was blown away, Dr. Mario is looking very promising, the only thing that doesnt work for me is the pieces blink, but its playable.

Awsome Awsome work, youve made me a fan, I'm gonna be keepin a close eye on the plugin now. :-D

Zoomer

Great to see advances in the 64 emulation! BUT, since nothing is perfect, has anyone started a compatibility list? You know, so we don't play a game like Zelda OOT only to find the game crashes in a fight with Ganondorf?

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
Rice i want a favor. Can you add 1920 - 1080 fullscreen resolution in your next release ? :cry:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Dr@mer said:
Rice i want a favor. Can you add 1920 - 1080 fullscreen resolution in your next release ? :cry:

Now that is some high resolution!!!

LOL, I thought I was odd running at 1600x1200x32

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
LazerTag said:
Now that is some high resolution!!!

LOL, I thought I was odd running at 1600x1200x32

My monitor doesn't support 1600x1200x32 resolution, so you have an other advantage. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Errr, you are freaks. Who runs games at 1600 resolution?!
And nephalim, why that odd resolution? :plain:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Doomulation said:
Errr, you are freaks. Who runs games at 1600 resolution?!

I do, but only my real PC games like UT2k# and RavenShield and so on. Most of the N64 stuff I play is never more then 1024x768 and usually I have it set to 800x600.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
eventually will only the higher resolutions be wanted/needed. also since gfx of n64 are simple for polygon count, is it easy to run at a very high resolution.

i am more excited for 2xsai to work even the better for me are the trees in mario 64 still the blocky!

shroomario

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Just wondering, what are the best settings for this and a Voodoo3? Or are there still problems with it and Voodoos?

holtzboy

I seem to have a problem when I use this plugin with Project64 and OpenGL. There are black squares surrounding all of the sprites in any game I try. I have a Asus GeForce 1 256 32MB DDR, Thunderbird 900Mhz, 384MB PC-133 RAM. I am using Detonator Drivers 27.42. [ It doesn't make sense to use the latest drivers because they don't make the GeForce 1 performance any better, I have noticed that the new Detonator 40 series and above kills my performance! ] When I use Direct3D on PJ64 the squares are gone. So does anyone know how to fix this OpenGL problem with black squares surrounding sprites?

holtzboy

holtzboy said:
I seem to have a problem when I use this plugin with Project64 and OpenGL. There are black squares surrounding all of the sprites in any game I try. I have a Asus GeForce 1 256 32MB DDR, Thunderbird 900Mhz, 384MB PC-133 RAM. I am using Detonator Drivers 27.42. [ It doesn't make sense to use the latest drivers because they don't make the GeForce 1 performance any better, I have noticed that the new Detonator 40 series and above kills my performance! ] When I use Direct3D on PJ64 the squares are gone. So does anyone know how to fix this OpenGL problem with black squares surrounding sprites?

woops I just noticed this thread is for the emulator 1964 only, not PJ64 so I'm sorry for putting that question in here........