What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.0.1

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hello, All

Here is new version to fix most of the bugs.
-------------------------------------------------------

Version 5.0.1 is a bug fix release over version 5.0.0. The following bugs are fixed.

- Stripey textures when Fast Texture loading is enabled
- Alpha test bug (Rocket-Robot on Wheels, Chameleon Twist 2, etc.)
- Incorrect texture loading (Evangelion, Space silicon valley, GE, and many other games)
- Yoshi story (working in DirectX or Ogl 1.1)
- Zelda road dirty texture
- Dr. Mario, showing dropping pills (Frame Buffer Emu = "Copy & Back")
- Incorrect using options
- Mario Tennis, better frame buffer support
- Banjo-Tooie, disable the white background

You should be able to easily find that many other games are also fixed.

Rice

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: woohoo!

marioshroom said:
super mario is of looking excellent!

still probs with dr mario in 5.0.1

I doubt if you are using the new DLL and new INI file.

The attached shot was make on my office computer with Rage 128 video card. It has combiner problems, but you can see the background and dropping pills.

Rice

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
this is of the problem:

i always was using the geforce or better combiner for my geforce 3 ti 200.

now with it the middle end card see the picture is much better!

it is the combiner type that is most the problem!

also is the high end combiner very good! is this of the opengl 1.2 and 1.3?

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: this is of the problem:

marioshroom said:
i always was using the geforce or better combiner for my geforce 3 ti 200.

now with it the middle end card see the picture is much better!

it is the combiner type that is most the problem!

This is interesting. Did you modify the INI file? If you want, you can also try other DirectX combiners and OpenGL ones.

For your Geforce 3/ti, you should use the high end combiner, not the Nvidia TNT one.

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
i do not modify anything but the setting.

with high end everything is much the better! it is for me forever! the last problem is maybe it is a little slow. i put on the 2xsai, though for it is so nice for the looking! maybe this is my speed problem, or also shareaza?

shroomario.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT PLUGIN!

:rice:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It is a very bad idea to use 2xSAI with "Copy & back" frame buffer emu option. It will slow down the game a lot. You may try the "Frame skip" option.

Again, you have to wait for the next 1964 in order to speed up.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
i can be of the most patient wait! this i will undo then (the 2xsai).

also is it not running too well with uhle2064, but probably will it change for them with an update.

DeLeTeBR

:1964:

Rice,

I don't have the right words to thank you enought, Evangelion now is fully playably just some miniors black lines around, but is probably just garbage on screen.

Congratulations and thank's for all your hard work, now I can say, without any doubt, this is the best N64 gfx plugin.

Thank you !

Regards,
DeLeTeBR

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Anychance you could implement emulated width/height options like in Jabos plugin, so we can get rid of black bars and things?

that would be awesome imo

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
Anychance you could implement emulated width/height options like in Jabos plugin, so we can get rid of black bars and things?

that would be awesome imo

There is no need to do so. I have an algorithm good enough to automatically handle most width/height resolutions for most games. I haven't seen more than a few games with resolution problems. If you do see some games with incorrect resolution, let me know.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
StarFox 64 has black bars around all the corners, but i don't think thats a resolution problem... i find it annoying.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It is viewport clippig. It is supposed to be like that. You won't see it on a real TV with real N64 console. (Will there be a solution or a hack for it?)

Alex3305

:: e M u :: M a S t E r ::
I have still a problem.. Does anybody know the right setting for DR. Mario 64. I have a P4 17 Ghz + GeForce 2 + Onboard sound card.I'm using :1964: and Rice Daedalus 5.0.1. The only Game in want to play is DR. Mario 64 soo plzz give me the right settings...

Thank you Rice for that great Plug-In and someone who can help me :)

:1964: RULEZ :1964:

DeLeTeBR

I use OpenGL and the other option, that I don't recall the name, I use "Best fit for Geforce" or something like that, it's the last one on the list.

[ ]s
DeLeTeBR

Alex3305 said:
I have still a problem.. Does anybody know the right setting for DR. Mario 64. I have a P4 17 Ghz + GeForce 2 + Onboard sound card.I'm using :1964: and Rice Daedalus 5.0.1. The only Game in want to play is DR. Mario 64 soo plzz give me the right settings...

Thank you Rice for that great Plug-In and someone who can help me :)

:1964: RULEZ :1964:

decription

Great work. Your plugin is incredible, simply the best now. It amazes me how much it advances. Phenominal!

EDIT: Also, is World Driver's Championship Ucode supported yet? If not please try.

Last edited:

AlfreX

Congratulations and help!!

Hello everybody!!, congratulations Rice!!!!!!
You are one of the best!!!
Thanks for your dedication and work.

Im have a G-force 2 pro, and P3-550E, 160mb sd-ram, and win98SE.

Im use the omega drivers (detonators) in fast mode.

Your plug-in work bad in direct x mode, and medium in openGL.
please help me. (im using 1964 0.85)
In directx, im have no textures in all games, (when im put "normal combiner" some textures apear, but bad or blured"
Thanks for all!