What's new

rez - glitching sound and strange backround

bleeder

I am getting some weird speed issues and glitchy sound in rez
At times I will be running at ~90fps, but then for example the first boss I drop to ~30fps, but the game is running alot faster than it should be, including the music, but I can underclock the dreamcast cpu somehow right?

The sound starts to glitch up sooner or later too, I can't really explain much more than that. It also stutters alot when the sound hasnt gone to crack, as you shoot things etc.

Also, there is always this weird stuff that is static in the backround, but it disapears when your going to the next phase of the level.

I circled the weird stuff.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this trouble, I think chankast is doing great and I'm not expecting it to be 100% compatible for me :bouncy:

Last edited:

Weyland

Weyland Yutani Corporation
same thing here ... it's to do with the framebuffer feedback effects rez uses ... my guess is that chankast's emulation doesn't support the particular hack they used to do the blurring framefeedback thingy

spaffdog

i can't even get onto the second level.. as soon as it starts to load it.. crash
was fun killing the first boss though

OP
B

bleeder

you guys getting sound problems though?

I tried changing the dc clock to bring the speed of the game down to normal:
decrease the clock (ie <100) only made the game insanly fast
increase the clock (>100) and it was getting normaler for me ~150-170, but it wasnt a stable speed, depending on what was happening it would be slow or fast, still pretty glitchy

I'm happy I got this game working though, its one of the main things I wanted to play on my pc :)

OP
B

bleeder

Here's another pic. In other modes the whole thing looks like this.

I've also noticed this same strange graphic pattern in other games, like you can see if briefly between scenes and stuff in doa le. Weyland probly has it with the blur thing. In those games its probly blurring as changing scenes, and rez must've had some trippy blur in the backround etc.