What's new

Resident evil sound

Slayer777

slayerofgods
Alright, I have seen several RE2 posts here, but none have helped. I got the video running pretty good with the unofficial daedalus d3d and the rsp. But I have tried a ton of sound plugins(including azimar's .20, .30 old, .40beta, .5something beta but none seem to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

specs:
1964 v.9.9
p4 2.2G
64mb integrated graphics Chipset: Brookdale-G i845GL
256mb ram
40g hard drive

Last edited:

Clements

The configuration you have now (Unoff. Daedalus/RSP) is about the best you can do for RE2, it's badly emulated all round.

The sound is missing in places due to RSP issues (Unoff. RSP stops the load screeching noices with PJ64's RSP) No setting will get it perfect.

The GC version of RE2 is likely better emulated than the N64 one :p

OP
Slayer777

Slayer777

slayerofgods
creepy pic

Um... Your avatar creeps me out and thanks for the info.

Not to get off the subject, but is there a good, working gc emu?! and can I dump an iso?

and does anybody else have working sound on re2 for n64?

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
There is really only one gc emu out right now called the Dolphin. It doesn't work too good yet, but it's progressing really fast. You can also dump isos, but we can't get into that discussion on here. Just search on how do dump the games on google or another search engine so you don't get banned.

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
Dolphin is impressive but it isn't fast and has no sound support (Except CDDA equivalent), I tried Windwalker, Ikaruga & bust a move. They all got ingame, Bustamove played fine, Ikaruga was about 1/3 of the speed and crashes after a few waves of enemies, Zelda was very slow 6/7Fps.

Ripping Iso's of GC games is a bitch I'm not sure why talk of it should be prohibited it's seem no more illegal than most other backup methods (More legal than ripping Xbox iso's certainly). It's about the same ammount of hassle as backing up GDRoms for the DC IMHO.

You do need extra hardware, software and a GC to do it.

:Edit I realised I can rip xbox iso's legally using Linux.

Last edited: