What's new

resident evil help

kie-san

I can't get Resident Evil 2 to start up right. It only loads up the expansion pack found screen and the N64 logo screen then it stops....what's wrong? PLEASE HELP!!!

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Try using 1964, and What are your system specs?, which plugins are you using?, etc.

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Open project 64 > Options > Settings and tell my wich video, and audio plugins you are using.
And about your system specs... common don´t tell me you don´t know them!

Also try playing around with the plugin video configuration, to do that go to: Options > Configure Graphics Plugin

Matata

Novato Experimentado
I checked in the p64.rdb and it says that RE2 is playable with some depth errors and bad sound so the problem should be the plugins.

EDIT: Make sure you have PJ64 1.5 and the Service Pack, if not, download them and install them.

Last edited:

Clements

I prefer the Unofficial Daedalus graphics plugin for RE2 as it doesn't flicker (although it shares Jabo's other problems).

Use Jabo's Audio because its more compatible than zilmars, although it won't give excellent quality due to the RSP issues [Weird static sound]. These can be fixed with the Unofficial RSP plugin available here, as well as the Unofficial Daedalus:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=6928

I suggest you use PJ64 as 1964 is not as stable and has problems with the game.

If you get a black screen, it is likely an unemulated FMV sequence. Stab at Start and A to skip.