What's new

Resident Evil Code: Veronica

apache*

Im painting the town red baby!
Hi

I'm having problems running the .CDI image of Code: Veronica although i'm using the right programs (Daemon v. 3.20, lastest Chankast ect ect...)
I know i can run DC games as i can play Ikaruga perfect and my version of Ikaruga itself is a .CDI image also. Anyway as i start of the up game it just loads the music screen with the disk spining as if the game was an album or something.

NOTE: My copy of Code: Veronica was originally just a big bunch of files so i created a .NRG file then converted to .CDI through DiscJuggler (I'm not sure this will help)

Sorry for the Newbie question and thanks in advance.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
I've also had the same thing happen when converting the other way, from .CDI to .NRG, and I think it has something to do with the conversion sometimes ruins the original layout of the disc. I'm not sure if it's the same with what happened to your image, but I'd venture to guess that it did to yours what it did to mine. I noticed that the newly converted image was no longer a 2 session image (which is what it should be), and the final image was only a single session mode image. Without the second session, the game will still run most of the time, but will no longer be self bootable. If you have the original NRG file from before the conversion, I'd suggest trying to mount that in daemon. It is possible that where ever you got the file from, that someone before you had already converted it from cdi to nero and already damaged the original content as well. Try burning it and seeing if it plays on a real dreamcast. Since I've noticed these issues, I keep all my images in cdi format, as nero images can tend to get screwy.

OP
apache*

apache*

Yeah Nero dose get annoying at times, i'll probally keep the games in .CDI formats aswell for now on. Thanks anyway generalplot.

OzTm

Did I get this right? You had only files and you created an image from your HDD? Because that would mean it's not selfbootable.

OP
apache*

apache*

Yes thats correct, although in the readme it say that the game is selfboot.
But even if its not how do i get it to become selfbootable and will it work? The game is 2 CDs but its just a load of files so its really confusing ...

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
OzTm said:
Did I get this right? You had only files and you created an image from your HDD? Because that would mean it's not selfbootable.

They were most likely multiple Winrar files that contained a single image file when extracted.

OP
apache*

apache*

These are all the files that were downloaded, in total it adds up to 1166gig

I have a slight idea of the CDs now:

CD 1

+ fu_recv1.001 - fu_recv1.035
+ fu_recv1.SFV

CD 2

+ fu_recv2.001 - fu_recv1.035
+ fu_recv2.SFV

Cid

It is a winrar file. Just double click on file *.001 on it and make it open with winrar. Now it work like any winrar file. :)

OP
apache*

apache*

Cid said:
It is a winrar file. Just double click on file *.001 on it and make it open with winrar. Now it work like any winrar file. :)
OMG! Thank you Cid!! It finaly works, and to think i was going re-download a different copy.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
spunky said:
holy shit, what for stupid peoples...

please close.
Hey... you just begin as a n00b too... but I agree! :p
But would never write this. Oh yeah... I would say close this thread too!