What's new

Resident Evil Code: Veronica

M79

hi again, this really doesn't have anything to do with Chankast but i really don't know where else to ask this. i bought resident evil code veronica for dreamcast and at a certain point in the game everything freezes up and it's because the disk is a little scratched i think. i want to make a backup copy of the game but i don't know how and i thought it would have been as simple as just popping in the cd in my drive and burning it as a .cdi using discjuggler or alcohol but it isn't. this is what i get when i open up the cd drive with code veronica's 1st cd in there.
recv.jpg

any help?

smcd

You can't make dreamcast images in a PC CD/DVD ROM drive, it is a proprietary format. Search the forums :p

OP
M79

M79

what exactly should i type in the search? i tried copyrighted games and nothing came up :(

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
M79 said:
i bought resident evil code veronica for dreamcast and at a certain point in the game everything freezes up and it's because the disk is a little scratched i think. i want to make a backup copy of the game but i don't know how and i thought it would have been as simple as just popping in the cd in my drive and burning it as a .cdi using discjuggler or alcohol but it isn't.
you can't copy it, gdrom is specific dreamcast format, it can't be read on our pc cd/dvd drives, and even if you could make a copy, it will not work better than the original if it's scratched...
the best may is to download a backup from the net... but i can't help you here...
or return where you have bought it, and try to exchange with a working one...

smcd

M79 said:
what exactly should i type in the search? i tried copyrighted games and nothing came up :(

search something like :
dreamcast rip (or backup) games
dreamcast gdrom ( or gd-rom)

Also, check the stickies

OP
M79

M79

ugh. i downloaded RECV. it came in compressed as a 7-Zip file. so i uncompressed and got a 580+MB file with no extension (2nd disc the same). now, aside from the compressed 2 files and the now uncompressed 2 files, there were 2 .sfv or something files and a huge load of other files that had no file extensions. i took the 2 newly uncompressed files and gave them a .zip extension, i was able to begin extracting the .cdi file (both of which were over 750MB's) and when it got to 99% completion, it gave me about 20 errors for both files. i think i'm just gonna give up on this game altogether.

OP
M79

M79

i DID lol after i saw the errors i deleted those then extracted and renamed again this time to .rar which gave me the same results. opened up in WinRar, you see a 780MB .cdi file. when i go to extract right at 99% it gives me the same errors.

OzTm

Maybe the archive file is incomplete? What version of WinRar did you use? (cause you may get that kind of error if you try to decompress a RAR3.0 file with WinRar 2.xx) Use the latest WinRar.