What's new

RESIDENT EVIL: CODE VERONICA - Problems FAQ

vermin

I created this topic for people who encounter problems running RE:CV on CHANKAST [ like I do ]
All problems/solutions were taken from this and several other forums or from my own practice

First thing U have to do playing RE:CV is to set : ZWrite and Alpha Test ZWrite

PROBLEM:
screen is completely glitchy [ after getting out of the submarine early in the game...this glitch thing also happened earlier if u take out the two golden pistols which makes the alarm go off so u have 2 put them back...

SOLUTION:
- In the location with two Golden Lugers hanging on the wall it is just enough not to touch them. Later in the game, Steve himself will take them out, and you will have to free him from this trap-room. You won't even notice this bug.
- In the location with submarine just use the map to navigate there. You have to go downstairs, pass a long corridor, and get to the door. Then, in the next location everything is normal again (if it comes to the graphics) and you can proceed without map.
[[[ reported/answered by : happyboy / nosferatu ]]]

PROBLEM:
sound bug [ after a while (or in few 'key' locations) sound disappears ]

SOLUTION:
1) Set options as follows:
Priority: Above normal
Video: Windowed 640x480 or 800x600 it's the same, Z-write test for the icons in the inventory, everything else deactivated, Capcom hack - ON, NTSC Bios (Orange Swirl) [[[ answeared by : fordius ]]] /or...
2) save game and restart emulator /or...
3) don't use 'capcom hack'

PROBLEM:
How to change disks ?

SOLUTION:
When the game asks you to change disk just save, mount the second disk of the game and restart the emulator [[[ answered by : PsyMan ]]]

PROBLEM:
I have an ECHELON rip of RE:CV [ the cd is named ECHELON ]

SOLUTION:
Echelon was a group that used to rip DC games and put them online, and they used to add their own intro pages to these games. So in order for it to work, you'll need to get a tool to remove that intro screen. Do a search on this forum, I have seen it somewhere, although I can't remember what the thread was called, but it's here in the Chankast forum. [[[ answeared by : generalplot ]]]
... or just download other [ not ECHELON ] rip ;)
NOTE:
I use ECHELON rip and it works fine for me :p

PROBLEM:
CHANKAST crashes playing RE:CV

SOLUTION:
change your BIOS to new one [ allways keep fresh backup copy of BIOS just in case ] / after replacing, change bios file properties to 'read only'

PROBLEM:
suddenly the game restarts to main menu [ load game / new game / options ]

SOLUTION:
When zombie [ or something else ] is biting you - DON'T press all buttons you have on your keyboard [ pad ]
NOTE:
sometimes it's really hard ;) [ specialy when playing on PAD ]

PROBLEM:
How to fix small graphics glitches ?

SOLUTION:
1) just enter the inventory and then go back to game /or...
2) "reload" location [ go to another room and then go back ] /or...
3) exit 'fullscreen' and then go to 'fullscreen' again

===
That's all I could find... if you have other promlems/solutions - please - write it here

Last edited:

Mille

vermin said:
PROBLEM:
sound bug [ after a while (or in few 'key' locations) sound disappears ]

SOLUTION:
1) Set options as follows:
Priority: Above normal
Video: Windowed 640x480 or 800x600 it's the same, Z-write test for the icons in the inventory, everything else deactivated, Capcom hack - ON, NTSC Bios (Orange Swirl) [[[ answeared by : fordius ]]] /or...
3) don't use 'capcom hack'

i try this but it didnt work :(, i have the PAL bios, i only can get a PAL bios or NTSC with red swirl but NOT the orange swirl :(

OP
vermin

vermin

sound bug ...

unfortunetly ... there is no 100% solution to sound bug / actually there is ... go to save point ... use 'ink ribbon' and then restart emulator ;) / you just have to wait for new chankast release... [ or die trying ;) ]

OP
vermin

vermin

Mille said:
and when is the next release? :D

IMHO ... never :p / but I base it on NO fact .... it's just my opinion ...
=
don't worry ... you can play with no sound to next save point / and when during that time animation starts and you don't know what are they talking about - just watch the 'animation' and then go to www.gamefaqs.com find 'resident evil : code veronica' and choose solution with ALL dialogues and just read what they were talking... / that's how I played...

good luck

PS: if it makes you better .... few years ago when RE 3 came out [ only in Japan at first ] I played it on emulator ... there were NO SOUND / screen was BLACK AND WHITE and game was in jap. [ or chinese :D ... who know / just some 'bushes' ] - but it didnt stop me from playing :devil:

RE ROX :)

deathace

man with all these bugs with a lot of games, isn't easier just to purchase a DC for $20? You dont even need to mod it to play group releases.

OP
vermin

vermin

deathace said:
man with all these bugs with a lot of games, isn't easier just to purchase a DC for $20? You dont even need to mod it to play group releases.

===
easier - sure / but i dont want to buy DC just for one game / i already have NGC with all RE [ Code Veronica [x] too ] / DC version is just for comleteing my 'life quest' ;) [ to play all RE available on any platform :alien2: ]

so U see ... I'm not going to buy every console in the world just to play one game [ and RE is good example of game available on many platforms - GBC, PC, PSX, PS2, NGC, DC, SATURN... etc. ] so it's not about 20$ ... but alot more...

butterfly

Yo! Thanks! I hadn't been looking at the Chankast Cheater for a while, I didn't know it had a dedicated cheat for that! It works! Thanks!!!

Iceman_pdb

Hi, first excuse my bad english...
now I can say some things I've found... 1° the sound problems seems to happen to me, for example when there's a screen change and 2 sound's at same time... for example: when I get the 1st savepoint in the Antartic part... where the rat is..., when I came out of there the sound is gone, what I've done then and solve the prob for me is, first when I open a door I'm never moving, second while the door animation is playing I try to run foward... and the sound doesn't stop, I've tried in some places where I lose the sound... and worked, the problem is that when u don't know the game u can't keep running all the time...

this all I can say abou the sound bug... one more thing... I use the emu's cpu at 101

I hope you can understand this bad english... if you know spanish just ask me better... bye

ghosthunter_nl

hey also a problem lesser ...if sound problems are big ,you can try to de-activate the hardware acceleration from the soundcard.
It is not the sollution but it wil be better.

Ich werde zuruck kommen hahaha:p:p:p

ghost

Ray Stanz

Whenever I try to start Chankast with RECV it starts with a time setting screen. I set time and then this screen comes again. After that I get to a screen where I can play cd´s and stuff like when I entered a non DC rom. When I go to play game I come to that time setting screen again :(. Can anyone help me with that?