What's new

Resident Evil 2 (voice glitch)

itscometothis

Hi, I know this topic has been posted a number of times but I can't seem to find a solution. I have been trying to play RE2 on my pc using P64 for a while now and it seemed to have several problems/glitches. I fixed them for the most part but now I have hit a brick wall and need help. The game runs perfectly and the sound is good all except the voices. Although the music and any general sound effects may be heard, I can't hear any voices. (This includes narration, characters, etc.)

Like I said, I am using Project64 v1.7, Glide64 Napalm WX release 1 for video, Azimer’s HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2 for sound, Jabo’s Direct Input7 1.7.0.8 for controller, and RSP Plugin 1.7.0.2 for Reality Signal Processor. I wouldn’t say I’m ‘new’ at this, but my knowledge is limited. So any help would be greatly appreciated. And please, no posts saying ‘go play the ps1 version, etc.’, because I have N64 controllers and a usb adaptor so I’d rather use the N64 version. Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There most likely isn't a perfect solution for the glitches found in RE2, because AFAIK, you're already using the plugin combination that is [supposedly] best for RE2. If anyone has found a better plugin setup, I'm sure they'll post it eventually.

Even though you said that I shouldn't post this, I'm going to post this anyway: Go play the PSX version of you want the best experience in terms of emulation. N64 controllers notwithstanding.

P.S. This forum if for Project64 1.6. 1.7 beta talk goes in to the Beta forum, which I'm sure you should have access to.

Last edited:
OP
I

itscometothis

I was hoping there was some setting I need to use to get the voices to work. But I suppose I could just get some ps1 controllers and adaptor off of ebay and play it on the psx. Thanks anyways.