What's new

Resident evil 2 video buggin

ssnake42069

Travis "Snake Solid" Crincoli
Ok i was originally looking for a video plugin for resident evil 2 cuz jabos didnt work correctly. well i found it thanx to a search of the pj64 forums clements suggested (in another topic) daedalus. so i downloaded and used it. i wanted to change the resolution in game, but the box was unselectable. so i exited, and changed rez in the menu, and went back in game, this is what happened:

pj64re2videobug8xw.png

Its high quality PNG (imageshack the image hosting site converts all images to png, but keeps the quality, this image used to be BMP)

In case you didnt know, thats the screen that says Expansion Pack Found.

wierd aint it. well when i got to the main menu (i figured i could play like this), i selected new game (it still showed menus vaguely.) got into a new game and it went all wierd. the background image was just like the one i showed you. the enemies were still their, when i walk its like its showing a trail of me walking (like in zelda oot when its slow motion it shows when ur falling in a sequence it shows you falling in slow mo) wierd.....

OP
ssnake42069

ssnake42069

it freezes whenever i try to open a rom with glide. besides there is no uCode for RE2....

Last edited:

Pantuflo

For RE2 you can try Project64 1.6 + Glide64 0.8 Wonder + Azimer's HLE Audio v.0.56 WIP2 + Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper.

With this configuration you should be able to play with very good graphics and to hear the voices (I use to hear a "rewind" sound effect too...)

Maybe your intel graphics controller is the problem, I don't know.

Last edited:
OP
ssnake42069

ssnake42069

im using jabos and its smooshed to like half the screen. i can barely see things. its hard to play.

Pantuflo

ssnake42069 said:
its hard to play.

:p And it will be harder if you continue changing plugins...

This game with Jabo's doesn't have those problems for me... But with my graphics card I have other type of problems that people with "high-end nvidia's and ati's" doesn't. These plugins use "Direct 3D" functions that are usually bad (or not) implemented in Intel graphic controllers and cheap g. card models (last jabo's plugin is an example). For me, the problems come with "D3D 8" and following, i.e. I can't use Direct64 plugin.

The problem may be another, do other games work well for you with the same plugin? And what about glide64?

In addition, this game is not perfectly emulated yet (I think Glide64 does it best), so another problem to add to the list.

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Pantuflo said:
For RE2 you can try Project64 1.6 + Glide64 0.8 Wonder + Azimer's HLE Audio v.0.56 WIP2 + Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper.

With this configuration you should be able to play with very good graphics and to hear the voices (I use to hear a "rewind" sound effect too...)

Maybe your intel graphics controller is the problem, I don't know.

i have installed Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper. But i also have Hacktarux's glide3x wrapper in the Project 64 directory. Should i delete it or does Zeckensack's overwrite it?

Im confused!

Thanks all.

Pantuflo

With Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper installed, you will have a Glide3x.dll in your "Windows" dir (e.g. "C:\WINDOWS").

I have renamed my Glide3x.dll (Hacktarux's one in Pj64 dir.) into "Glide3x.dll.beforezeck" (you can choose ".backup" too :p ), because H.'s seems to be more stable... if you don't like Zeckensack's full screen, you can recover the old wrapper easily.

Both wrappers are in development, I don't know who will be "the winner" in the future... (you can read a lot of rumours in other threads, future of glide64 included...)

This glide wrapper (Zeck.'s) only works in full screen, but I can see better effects in some games, e.g. "RE2" or "Earthworm Jim 3D". For a better play with Project64 you should go into Start Menu->All programs->Glide Wrapper->Configurator and there choose "Application specific ov.", select "Project 64" and click OK.
(Maybe this is also written in some "readme.txt"...).

With this configuration, you can play with Project64 and stop playing with F12 :huh: . Another config., another emulator and maybe a crash can occur with zeckensack's wrapper when stopping emulation (Ctrl+Alt+Del... to close).

OK, have you understood something? I think I will never be a good readme writer...

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Thanks for that. The combination of the Wonder plugin and that new Glide program, my N64 games have never looked better! But, yes, it does crash more. But when it works!...... WOW