What's new

Reserve Memory error: Can't reserve 512 Mbytes of memory for the memBase

Imhotep

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use 0.57 on a Win7 home premium x64 system with 8GB ram, Intel i7-2600, Nvidia GT 545. The program does not start and shows the above error message. I tried to run it as administrator and using all the compatibiliy options without success.

Is that because 0.57 is only available for x86 systems? Any suggestions how to make it work on a x64 system? Or where does this error come from?

Strange enough I tried the 0.55 x64 version as well and it terminates with a page fault.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,
Sven

OP
I

Imhotep

Well, thanks for the info but that doesn't help me much....
I've tried many things, like starting from scratch on different machines. The error stays the same. What does this error mean, where does it come from? Do I need any special DLLs or anything?
Thanks again,
Sven

NGboo

I got similar error (but with 384MB instead of 512) because of, belive it or not, Commodo Antivirus. :crazy: As soon as I installed Kaspersky Internet Security, demul started to work. :)

OP
I

Imhotep

Ok, thanks for the hint. For me it was Checkpoint Zone Alarm (free version). After de-installing this firewall software and using the Win7 internal firewall, Demul started again. Pheww!
Thanks again friends :)

NY152

Hello,

I have the same error as follows:

Can not reserve 512 Mbytes of memory for the Membase

Well I have Zone Alarm but Extreme Security version (so I pay a subscription), changing antivirus / firewall is impossible for me.

Why Demul he tries to Rent this memory before turning anything? Why some anti-virus blocks there this booking procedure? The memory allocation method may be a little too similar to an attack or virus. Demul should change the memory allocation system.

DETOMINE

Why Demul he tries to Rent this memory before turning anything? Why some anti-virus blocks there this booking procedure? The memory allocation method may be a little too similar to an attack or virus. Demul should change the memory allocation system.
Try to add Demul to the white list of Zone Alarm.
You may want to know that ZA is not really a fire-wall (well, not only), but is more of a HIPS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusion_prevention_system).
And no, the problem is within ZA, not Demul (let's call it a "false positive").

Anyway, you may want to try DEMUL 0.58, it is fresh and new.

NY152

I tried Demul 0.58 but the problem is still present.

I tried to Demul whitelist and it does not change, still the same error.

The total disabling anti-virus and firewall is not enough to operate Demul; Only uninstall Zone Alarm solves the problem.

I think it's more of a false positive lol