What's new

Report input plugin problem here

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
thx Rice, that probs is solved.
was that on any readme or faq for 1964, i didnt see it, maybe u should add it

anyway, another nrage problem, this one is a bit more complicated so ill use an example:

-Goldeneye (U) [!], with Nrage plugin and keyset from his website
(important thing is that the 'R' shoulder button has same button as a non-toggle modifier- change mouse movement)

when this button is used in single player, it works as it way intended. but in multi, it messes up and the modifier becomes toggle from time to time. Its prolly pretty hard to understand what i am talking about, u hav to try it.

happens in both 1964 and pj64, so its not 1964 specific, but since u said to report input plugin problems here...

N-Rage

hmm.. gonna try to clear up some things.

RAW-Mode: I always thought 1964 doesnt support RAW yet? At least the time 1.60 was done it definitly dint, so i pointed RAW Probs to 1964 Probs( its on my site ).
Status-Commands should work, however they will be written to PIF-Ram after a ReadController() Call, not after ControllerCommand(). Im gonna investigate this..

Gravis-Controller: Those Controllers are a example how drivers shouldnt be, I had a GamePad Pro myself, countless troubles.

Goldeneye: As i understood, the modifer sometimes has toggle-state? Do u use the Goldeneye-Profile on both Controllers?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Status-Commands should work, however they will be written to PIF-Ram after a ReadController() Call, not after ControllerCommand().

N-Rage

This helps. Now RAW mode works if I do a ReadController() for the get status PIF command.

I probably have not understood some of the Zilmar input plugin spec very well, but why I should call ReadController() to get status, why not just a ControllerCommand() call.

Is there any special care I should do to support rumble? Email me at [email protected].

N-Rage

Rice said:
Nrage need to take a look of this Non-Controller problem, his plugin seems malfunction if setting to use RAW DATA, it does not reply correctly to GET STATUS pif commands.

Well, it reports back correctly, the fault lies within 1964.

I talked with Zilmar about those two commands and the differences, a ControllerCommand should be called after a PIF_Write, 1964 does this correctly, however it should call ReadController before a PIF_Read.
so u send data to the controller with ControllerCommand() and get the returned data from a ReadController()

For GetStatus I only get ControllerCommand Calls, aslong there is no ReadController no Values will be written.
ReadKeys works correctly.

Last edited:

N-Rage

Rice said:

N-Rage

This helps. Now RAW mode works if I do a ReadController() for the get status PIF command.

I probably have not understood some of the Zilmar input plugin spec very well, but why I should call ReadController() to get status, why not just a ControllerCommand() call.

Is there any special care I should do to support rumble? Email me at [email protected].

if ReadController & ControllerCommand are both implemented Rumble should work, it just uses ReadPak & WritePak. Have a pad to test it? I could test it if u send me a fixed version

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
N-Rage

I don't have a pad to test it, but please still send me your new beta, so I can get someone else to test it.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
N-Rage

What's the function call sequences for mempak/rumblepak read/write? I am still getting mempak read error in Raw Mode.

N-Rage

well, i dont have a new beta, its still in progress. 1.60 or 1.61 should do fine.

for mempak u get somethin like this:

(ControllerCommand)
Controller: 0 Read Pak-Command
FF032102-0035FFFF
FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF-FFFFFF00

Returned Data: (ReadController)
Controller: 0 Read Pak-Command
FF032102-0035FFFF
FFFF01F5-7E5FFFFF
FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF
01FF8248-7DAAD4FE

this would be a MemPak read of Address 0x0020 (last 5Bit is CRC).
Controller Command doesnt return anything back. I believe its done that way cause the N64-Controllers take some time to response, so u send em a command, process other things meanwhile and then read the result.

Ill send u my debug-dll

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
goldeneye

i use your goldeneye config with ur plugin as controller one
and my own config for controller two.

controller 2 is fine, its only controller one(with ur key and mouse config with the 'r'button and modifier as one button). when that button (right click) is used in multiplayer, it becomes like a toggle(if u remember, its supposed to be as long as u hold the button)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
oh, i wuz wrong.

this happens in one player too. now that i think about it, it has no connections! so far, it randomly happens, and doesnt.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
If you still have the problem that 1964 crashes when you press any key, I might have fixed it.

Email me at [email protected] if you'd like to get the fixed 1964.exe and try it.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Update on the input bug:

Everything works now; I just got a GeForce 2 card and installed the latest drivers. Works great! Must've been an ATI issue.

Keep up the stellar work!

Dozer

re:re:

Hey! the new exe you sent me solved some problems, I can now play the games, however, some plugins still screw up.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Dozer

So the new EXE solves the pressing-key-crash problem, right?

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
TOp gear overdrive bug.......

noote seems to crash it but when its disabled it seems to crash anyway but after the title screen