What's new

Relatively Small Majora's Mask Problem

Skydude

Majora's Mask, now that I got a new rom, seems to work nearly perfectly for me. However, the map (or maybe it's the arrow icons on the map that are the problem) and one heart container are "shifted" vertically a bit on the screen, and my rupee count is nowhere in sight. Anyone know what might be causing this, and how to fix it? It's really more of an annoyance than anything else (though it could be troublesome not to know how much money I have), but I'd like to fix it if possible.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Looks like the PAL screen alignment problem

If and when using PAL Nintendo 64 ROMs,
chiefly with The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, the screen being out of alignment is a known problem.

Using Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5 is supposed to solve the problem.
It is *not* recommended to use Jabo's Direct3D 7 GFX 1.4.

Last edited:
OP
S

Skydude

Yep, that solved it! Thanks!

And after everyone was telling me to use Jabo's D3D 7 plugin :p

calathia

Sorceress of Rhûn
Re: Looks like the PAL screen alignment problem

RJARRRPCGP said:
Using Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5 is supposed to solve the problem.
It is *not* recommended to use Jabo's Direct3D 7 GFX 1.4.

And why is this?? For me it was 1.5 what caused errors while 3d71.4 work just perfectly!

Yes, you have shifted image in pal zelda using 3d71.4 BUT hey, if you use 3d61.5 you have *very* stuttering playback in some scenes. Besides playin Zelda: MM *USA* version with 3d71.4 does not show shifted image and it has not any stuttering!

And no, turning ABL -> off did NOT solve the stuttering problem, only to switch to 3d71.4 solved everything. :happy:

So could you please explain me why 3d71.4 is not recommended?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Jabo's GFX plugin

calathia said:

And why is this?? For me it was 1.5 what caused errors while 3d71.4 work just perfectly!

Yes, you have shifted image in pal zelda using 3d71.4 BUT hey, if you use 3d61.5 you have *very* stuttering playback in some scenes. Besides playin Zelda: MM *USA* version with 3d71.4 does not show shifted image and it has not any stuttering!

And no, turning ABL -> off did NOT solve the stuttering problem, only to switch to 3d71.4 solved everything. :happy:

So could you please explain me why 3d71.4 is not recommended?

Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5 fixes a couple of major problems:

Games:

Perfect Dark: No artifacts and all text is renderable.

Destruction Derby 64: Menu GFX now rendered properly.

GoldenEye 007: The sky is renderable.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Faster CFB method
allows for Link to be displayed on the menu screen without
the game running slowly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Perfect Dark, Jabo's GFX Direct3D 7 plugin 1.4 is likely
to be faster in some situations, but you *will* get artifacts
and some text *will* be missing.

Also, with Jabo's Direct3D 7 GFX plugin 1.4, with GoldenEye 007, the sky *will* be missing.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I might say that the "change blending if invalid" is missing in 1.5 so glitches may appear on older cards.