What's new

recording n64 emulation

evlcookie

hey guys i was wondering if there is a tool out to record what you are playing on any n64 emulator. im doing an assignment on zelda so i thought id try take some small movies instead of some pictures. if its not possible then it doesnt really bother me just wondering if it is.

thanks

scotty

The Great One
Not as far as I know of for N64, I know you can with some NES emulators and SNES emulators, but I dont know any N64 emulators that can do this

OP
evlcookie

evlcookie

yea i know about the nes and snes was just hoping for a n64 one
oh well it doesnt matter.. its for a school presentation doubt they want movies of every zelda game :)

thanks

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Plisco said:
Nemu 0.8 has the option to record movies

It does? Are you sure you don't mean VRML, which is missing many things that would make a "movie." It would also be the GFX Plugin that does this, so it would be usable in any (zilmar spec) emulator. I've never used Nemu myself though so I don't know.

Your best bet would just to use a 3d party program that does screenshot-movies, like Allnatural suggested.

Knuckles

actually, he's right, but you can only record it/play it in nemu, it is not a *.avi/mpg/mov or rm. look :

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Knuckles said:
actually, he's right, but you can only record it/play it in nemu, it is not a *.avi/mpg/mov or rm. look :

Oh, cool! Kind of like the ZSnes movies...my bad. Isn't it tied to the GFX plugin, though?...Oh, no, it wouldn't be, since it's like a ZSnes Movie...it basically just records your button presses and then redoes them.

Wouldn't that mess up though if there is some random element in the game? Something that isn't always the same as long as your actions are the same?....