What's new

Recommended Controller - $25

Archn

The nYko Air Flo PC controller is absolutely wonderful, and works wonders on PJ64. All you do is buy the controller, and plug it into your USB port (Best to do when computer is off). There are 13 buttons (Really only 11, since I can't seem to figure out how to activate the hidden 12 and 13).

It's got the up down left right controllers, the two every-direction things, four buttons on the right (in SNES type format). Then in the middle it's got 3 small buttons. Then it's got the L1 L2 R1 R2 buttons.

It's a great controller, and it's an Air Flo.. What does that mean? Well, it's got a fan that you can set to speeds 0 (off), 1 or 2. It blows air out of the controller's air holes. It's supposed to keep you from sweating or something..

Completely compatible with my system (Standard Windows XP Home edition) and completely configurable with Project 64.

I got it at Gamestop for $25.

AirFlo also makes a mouse for $30 that's optical with a fan.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
I can't find a picture of the pad but im guessing that your two missing buttons may come from pressing down the analouge sticks.

Anyone find a decent rewiew with pics of this pad?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That looks like a gamecube & ps controller put together...
Just that the analog stick has switched place with the digital one...
Cool, though. Not that I need it.

drthawhizkid

I disagree with you Tagrineth. By the way the nyko controller analog sticks do click. How do I know? because I actually have this joystick. I tested Saitek P880 and the nyko is much better to me. The fan really helps because I have sweaty hands.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
it's amazing how they're now designing controllers specifically *for* emulation. They'll never admit it, but they are. Wow, they're really getting smart. As for the controllers listed here, they both look great, but I think I'll stick with my good ol' fashioned Microsoft sidewinder. =)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I still think the best investment i ever made was the N64/PSX Boom Adapter, nothing beats the PSX or the N64 control itself. That, and I will also recommend the XBOX Controller S with a swapped out USB cord or the conversion cable, all top of the line choices.

knowitman

I use the Microsft Sidewinder Precision Pro. It works great for me.
I have a picture of it and my settings for PJ64.

katon

What's the deal with cornnuts?
why would u get super joybox
xbox controller is just horrendous
they had to make smaller controllers for the azn market due to their small hands (me included)
plus, anything microsoft is just.... blah
make sure u get analog stick though
whenever u buy any controller
the type of d-pad on that sidewinder that is on almost every joypad is horrendous... u either get a bunch of blisters or ure fingers slide over it(don't feel like its pressing it)

OP
A

Archn

If you spend the money on an adaptoid ($30 on average I believe), then you will also have to buy a N64 controller as well. Since I er... dont...own...one... Because I...lost...it... Then it's cheaper to do it this way. I wonder if nYko makes an Air Flo keyboard or if they ever will. The mouse now costs $25 not $30.. Thank you God.. Maybe I can get $5 back for free... I hope :-\ Since I bought it 5 days ago and get 7 day return.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
katon....wow. you talk so much crap.

the xbox controller-s was not designed for asians. it was designed because a hell of a lot of people simply DONT LIKE THE OLD CONTROLLERS.

the x-box is great. I can do so much with a modded x-box you wouldnt believe.

The best pad ive found is the thrustmaster DualStorm, but the xbox controller-s is just in another league. Its miles ahead of any pc controller.