What's new

Recommendations for P Mario

Trek234

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend the best emu/graphics plugin to use to get the best results with Paper Mario? (least graphical errors)

I have a Geforce3.

Thanks! :)

For me 1964 + Jabo's 1.5 works fine (without ANY flickering) if you use Counter Factor 2, but I've heard that there are people which have still problems with it, and if you take screenshots, they might fail (you've only got the background), so I would recommend Glide64 0.4 + evoodoo 3.25. Download them both from the downloads-section and place evoodoo in the main-directory of your emulator, and place glide64 in your plugin-folder. Now, config Glide64, and select the hybrid buffer method, and I'm sure it will work fine.:emutalk:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
For simpleness, you can download the evoodoo package from my sig as well as the plugin, glide64. There's an installer and uninstaller so don't you worry 'bout putting the wrapper right.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
With every version of Glide64, eVoodoo works less and less. I don't suggest running Glide64 4.0/4.1 w/ eVoodoo 3.25, unless Paper Mario is some exception. Glide64 3.1, with W-Buffer instead of Z-Buffer, seems to be the best option for eVoodoo users.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
nephalim said:
With every version of Glide64, eVoodoo works less and less. I don't suggest running Glide64 4.0/4.1 w/ eVoodoo 3.25, unless Paper Mario is some exception. Glide64 3.1, with W-Buffer instead of Z-Buffer, seems to be the best option for eVoodoo users.

Yep, Paper Mario is the exception. I have played a lot of it, and i'm pretty sure most (if not all) flicker is gone with last Glide64/last evoodoo. Rice's plugin gives algo great results, an has better quality.

EDIT: Here's a pic with the settings i use now for paper mario with Rice's 5.0.1 plugin:

Last edited: