What's new

Real problems with PJ64!! Help!!

ready2rumbel

I'm currently using Windows XP, with Project64 1.4 or 1.5 Beta . I've been trying to get quite a few games working, such as 'Banjo Kazooi', 'Zelda 2', 'Mortal Kombat Trilogy' and even '007 - The World Is Not Enough'.

My plugin settings are :

Video : Jabo's Direct3D 7 1.40 /(or for experimentation) Glide64 0.1 (with Glide Wrapper)

Audio : Azimers Audio v0.20b (Driver Rev 1.1)

Input : N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2.1.80a

The problem I experience is that with Jabo's DX7 plugin, all the games mentioned above do not start. They load up 100%, but it stays black. But when I use the Glide plugin, using a Wrapper (eVoodoo XP), they work except for 007-TWINE. I don't understand, why doesn't it work? I had to format my hardisk a while ago, but before I did, Project64 and all the games mentioned above (except 007-TWINE) worked fine, and I was using Jabo's DX7 plugin. Now they just don't work. I'm using the same settings as I did before formating and still nothing. My machine specs are :

AMD AThlon XP 1600+ (@1400Mhz)
384 MB SDRAM
20 GB Samsung HD
ATi Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO
Sound Blaster Live! Value

I've tried installing the same sound/video drivers that I used when Project 64 worked, but still the same result. I've now installed very recent drivers, and still nothing.

What I found interesting with Jabo's DX7 plugin was when I went to 'Options', 'configure Graphics Plugin...', then the 'Emulation' tab, there is a setting there called 'RSP Code Simulation'. Now, the default is 'RSP SW 2.0X'. Now, whatever I change it to, when I say 'apply' or 'OK', it leaves the tab, but when I go back into the tab to see the 'RSP' setting it's back to the default of 'RSP SW 2.0X'. Why? Boy, this is really annoying!

What are the best settings for Project64? What are the best settings for Jabo's DX7 plugin? I really need help, and all the help is greatly appreciated. Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Are there any Plugins you recommend I get/use? Please, I really need help!

Mike

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
TWINE doesn't work with Glide64 0.1 and about jabo's not working..... i dunno... try uninstalling the reg settings, updating Radeon drivers, running PJ64 in win98 compatibilty mode etc etc

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
As for the "RSP Code Simulation", this is the uCode and depends on the game. This is determined and auto-detected by the emulator or plugin, so you don't have to worry 'bout it.