What's new

rayman 2 help

tveye363

i downloaded the rayman 2 rom and i have version 1.6 of pj64. but when im in a level set outside, i cant see the silver lums i shoot out, or any yellow lums. hell i cant see any lums, not even red or whatever. i can see them though when im in a cave or something like that.please help

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Tiger1: Unless you actually know what the problem is I suggest you leave questions like this to more experienced members.

Rayman 2 has known problems with the lum colors with Jabos Direct3D8 1.6, try another video plugin like Rice's Video Plugin [found in 1964 forum]. It seemed to have no problems for the short amount of time I played it.

In future please include your system specification, as it is quite difficult to determine things without it, we're not phykick.

OP
tveye363

tveye363

Tiger1 said:
please tell us what rom you are using and post a save file
its a .z64 file. im using it on pj64 (if that has anything to do with it) how do i send my save file? and where did you download yours?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
FYI, He meant something like: "Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (U) [!]"

Secondly you do not need to upload your save file.

Thirdly Tiger1 doesn't have enough experience to help you yet.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Read my first reply to this thread please. - Btw I only said that about Tiger1 because he responded by asking completely Irrelevant generic questions - thats usually as sign of "I don't know". Nothing personal, I just hate when people do that.

We only need to know the roms name when the game crashes for instance, and we only need a save if it happens somewhere late in the game, the Lum thing is not. - Hence my angry sounding reply. :p

More useful information to include would be your system specification. you can find this if you hit your start menu, click run. then type Dxdiag and hit enter - but if the solution I mentioned in my first post works then this isn't nessicary.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I have a point ;)

Last edited:

4real

You can use Jabo's 1.5.2 gfx plugin and go in to advance and tick force normal blending.

This is an option if you have problems with Rice plugin.

OP
tveye363

tveye363

well i fixed the lum color problem, but whenever i climg, an error pops up and it says

unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 80038264 break Stopping emulation !

whats all this?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I played through long enough to get to climbing things, it worked perfectly for me which leads me to believe what you have may be a bad rom. download goodn64 from zophar.net and check your rom. you want (E) [!] or (U) [!] in the roms name preferably.