What's new

Radeon Users: Cat 3.9 Drivers

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
GogoTheMimic said:
Thanks a bunch. :D Even though I probably won't have this Radeon much longer. Thank the Gods...

Why exactly are you planning to get rid of the Radeon 9500 Pro video card?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I hope these fix the problems that the last drivers created. Such as the funky ass clipping errors in Morrowind.

EDIT: Yay, they're fixed. Now I can go back to playing the Halo demo (had to use previous drivers, because I wanted to play morrowind, had to use previous drivers which crashed the halo demo). Yay again! =)

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
GogoTheMimic said:
Thanks a bunch. :D Even though I probably won't have this Radeon much longer. Thank the Gods...

;_; The 9500 Pro is the best mainstream card ever released!

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
It's not a pro and it overheats like a mofo. I have a pci slot fan below it just so it won't crash on me whenever I open up anything remotely taxing. FFXI is choppy most of the time with it and overall, I'm just not a happy ATI owner. :\

EDIT: Wait a minute, problems with HL? Don't some of the Radeon's come with HL2 bundled in it? lol

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
GogoTheMimic said:
It's not a pro and it overheats like a mofo. I have a pci slot fan below it just so it won't crash on me whenever I open up anything remotely taxing. FFXI is choppy most of the time with it and overall, I'm just not a happy ATI owner. :\

EDIT: Wait a minute, problems with HL? Don't some of the Radeon's come with HL2 bundled in it? lol

1. HL2 isn't even out yet
2. HL is a completely different engine with completely different problems
3. http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33718666

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
AlphaWolf said:
Meh, kettle, teapot, black.

http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?postid=167797&postcount=25

Back to the topic: Anybody know how to enable sideband addressing in the catalyst drivers without downloading any special "tweak" tools?

Failing to see how guiding someone to the best product is been a fanboy, remember I work for a NVIDIA fansite ;)

We give people the truth wether it's good or bad, at the moment NVIDIA have a lot of bad stuff to recover from and the best bet atm is still ATI. Despite some tiny driver problems that mean you have trouble with some games, but funnily enough NVIDIA have that problem too *shriugs*

grwl ruff!

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
AlphaWolf said:
1. HL2 isn't even out yet
2. HL is a completely different engine with completely different problems
3. http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33718666

I *meant* to put HL but I stuck the 2 in there. Guess I'm still thinking about the code leak. ><

Moving right along, I downloaded the stuff to soft mod my card but I can't get it to work. oO I've tried reading the FAQ and all of that good stuff. I have the control panel, softmod.wxp-w2k-7-95-031028m-011774c, and a zip with ati2mtag.sys It told me to put the ati2mtag into the folder that the drivers were installed to but I did a search and couldn't find it in anywhere but some temp folders and when I try to guide the update drivers to the folder that I unzipped that one sys file it won't let me use it. >< Bah, I'm lost

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
vampireuk said:
Failing to see how guiding someone to the best product is been a fanboy, remember I work for a NVIDIA fansite ;)

We give people the truth wether it's good or bad, at the moment NVIDIA have a lot of bad stuff to recover from and the best bet atm is still ATI. Despite some tiny driver problems that mean you have trouble with some games, but funnily enough NVIDIA have that problem too *shriugs*

grwl ruff!

How does working for a site that has nvidia in the name rule out bias on your part? Fanboy traits are easy to spot, and you're full of em :D

GogoTheMimic said:
I *meant* to put HL but I stuck the 2 in there. Guess I'm still thinking about the code leak. ><

Well, just a note, that ATI doesn't bundle HL with their cards either.

Trotterwatch

Just upgraded to these, after whilst playing Wolfenstein ET earlier, the game not only crashed but it also forced my monitor off! That is a first for me in the many years I have used a computer.

Basically the monitor complained about trying to be forced into a refresh rate higher than it could manage... absoloutely pathetic. Whilst many ATI fans may blame Windows etc for this, the sheer number of complaints indicates to me that something in particular was wrong with the 3.8s

Anyways, 3.9s now installed and I finally was able to play a full game (6 maps) of Enemy Territory without lockups.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
flow`` said:
there was a hotfix for the 3.9's released today fixing many opengl games

I don't know about today, but two or three days ago there was a hotfix released to fix the fact that OpenGL was completely broken on All-in-Wonder series cards. Is that what you are talking about?

I use Omega's driver package, which just got updated to 3.9 as well. It includes the AiW/OpenGL hotfix.

Last edited: