What's new

Radeon problems...

DasT

I posted before about the best config to use after some messing about and testing i found what the problem was, its the "direct3d failed to initialise your HAL device make sure you have a properly configures 3d graphics card compatible with direct 3d 6.0" and then "the default or selected video plugin if missing or invalid. cleck you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder" problem...

i've looked around other forums and tried other people suggestions like changing the desktop to 16bit colour, i've downloaded all the latest driver for my ati radeon 9600 256mb, and got tthe 9.0b ver of directX, so i thought i'd ask you ^_^. the only thing i havn't tried yet is restarting my pc after changing the colour settings, because i can't atm.

any help would be greatly appreciated i'm ripping my hair out :'(

cheers

Angel Shadow

is late to give this information or you already now it

i have a radeon with the same problem

config your screen color quality in 16 bit - mid instead 32 bit - best (default)
and you will be able to use the jabo d3d gpu plugin,

an advise: all the resolutions must be in 16 bit too or the problem will persist
is a waste of time set any resolution in 32 bit and pass the screen
to the 32 bit.

O

overkill

I'm building a new PC and was going to go for an ATI card, but I may go with NVIDIA after reading this. How could I live without PJ64 :crazy: