What's new

Quick Q for the Beta Testers..

MonolithTyriss

Just kinda a quick list here, wanted to know if anyone's seen any change on these items with the new version:

Blast Corps - Being jerky?
Perfect Dark - Not properly starting, missing graphics?
Donkey Kong 64/Rayman 2 - Audio missing!
Bomberman 64 - Graphics very dark, totally black after one match!
Yoshi's Story - Level/Enemy graphics totally missing?
Zelda 2: Majora's Mask - Screen shrink at end of a day causes screen
to go totally black?
General Emulated speed - any faster?

Thanks in advance for your guy's time and effort.. you too schibo an Rice! If not for you guys we wouldn't even have such a great emulator to make a comment about. :> Oh.. something I shoulda added above there, does 1964 support any form of zipped/compressed rom images?

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
MonolithTyriss said:
Perfect Dark - Not properly starting, missing graphics?

General Emulated speed - any faster?

perfect dark is as good as its going to be, you need a better gfx plugin to get the missing textures. PD has always started properly for me, on both 0.7 and 0.83c.

Faster emulation speed?!? arent we getting a bit greedy ;)

OP
MonolithTyriss

MonolithTyriss

Okay. Perfect Dark was never exactly a big thing with me anyway.. I only liked it for sticking mines to people's back an watching them beg you not to hit the trigger button. ;> As for the rest, I -do- know now that the vid options (this is Jabo's D3D7 1.4 vid plugin, by the way) Force Depth ... options -all- turned on at once, as well as force normal blending, somehow gets the screens at startup to look right on Bomberman.. cept it's really slow, some of the menu graphics won't show when they did before turning them on, and a lot of the menus are totally black. :p Here's hoping some of the -plugins- can get as much work as is obviously being hammered away into the emulator itself. :> Bai!

Duncan

N64 Addict
After looking at your posts, id advise you check your video card/drivers or video plugin/settings, and dont think i saw any of your system specs (hint).

OP
MonolithTyriss

MonolithTyriss

Ah, that woulda helped, yes. Sys is 1.4ghz Thunderbird, 256megs DDR mem, Geforce2 MX400 64meg vid, Win XP Pro, Sound Blaster live 5.1. Running version 0.7.3 of 1964. Vid plugin I'm using is Jabos D3D7 1.4, sound is Azimer's 0.40 b4. Vid is on 640x480x32bit, D3D T&L HAL, Emu tab all 4 checkboxes on, Geometrey Auto, 16 an 32 bit for Texture. Advanced is usually none, sometimes Depth Enable, and occasionally Force buffers black, for things like Zelda. Audio is Sound fix, stop when paused, and Sync Gameplay all checks on, buffer is one stop short of highest setting, thanks to Geforce 2 MX. Also noticed that almost none of the cheats work, even with the database that comes with the emu, and only turning on one or two cheats.. for most games they do nothing, even with auto-run cheats -and- auto start game on load both active. :p Thanks for any help! Note.. I've managed to get Bomberman 64 to show some as said, also noticed that Diddy Kong racing now works, didn't before. Changed a few things around, got it to display all graphics, is just a touch jittery, no big deal. :)