Just want to check if below script is correct or is there something wrong

# GBIE08 - Resident Evil Disc2

[OnFrame]

#Add memory patches here.

[ActionReplay]

#3CKD-CT8Q-3HPTA
4MB5-29FQ-YNP70

brubo

No, that won't work. You need to use GCNcrypt to decrypt the codes before you paste them in the patch file. Try this:

[OnFrame]

[ActionReplay]

+(Must be on)
004E0201 88000000
C411E410 00000800

+Infinite Ammo (All Weapons)
004E30B2 08000000
04027284 38030000

OP
L

lightningfire

This didnt work . Do you have a saved game file with the above cheat enabled .If you do ,please post it here.

brubo

You do have the USA version of the game right?
I don't have the game so I can't test it myself, but try this:

[OnFrame]

[ActionReplay]

+(Must be on)
C411E410 00000800

+Infinite Ammo (All Weapons)
04027284 38030000

OP
L

lightningfire

Do we have to start a new game for the cheats to be active or will they work even if we load the saved game from memory cards or the save states ?

EDIT : IT WORKS , THANKS

Do you also have a code for infinite life ?

Last edited:
OP
L

lightningfire

Just right click and click edit.ini on the ISO and copy and paste the code which brubo has posted if you have the us version and it works. The ammo count does not go down

Ryokukitsune

does anyone have any working codes for Starfox Assault? I'd like to bypass a bug in the current game architecture that prevents me from bypassing the first level. All i'm really interested in is the level cheat

I don't even know if these codes work but I found some over here (that i decrypted to no avail)

http://www.supercheats.com/gamecube/starfoxassaultcodes2.htm

if someone can get them working and let me know that would be super ^^

brubo

What I forgot to mention in my previous posts (and only figured out recently) is that you always have to remove the first line of the decrypted code. If you look at the 2nd and 4th post in this thread you'll notice that removing the first line is the only thing that had to be changed to get it to work.

Also, every game needs to have a specific code enabled that is often referred to as (M) or (Must be on). This code does nothing by itself, but must be activated to allow other codes to work.

On a final note, make sure you're using codes for the right region, PAL codes won't work with a NTSC game and vice versa.

If everyone follows these steps it should work!

Xtreme2damax

It's still not working after I tried what you said and deleted the first line of each code. I have the NTSC-U (USA) version since I live in America.

Would being on a 64-bit operating system affect cheats from working? I have XP64 Professional SP2 and Vista64 SP1.

Xtreme2damax

Actually the two cheats you listed are the same as the ones I decrypted for the same codes but nothing works.

I can't even get the cheats working that came with the SVN for Zelda, nothing ever works on my end in terms of cheats.

brubo

Try the 32 bit version of Dolphin and if that doesn't make it work I honestly don't know what will.

Ryokukitsune

I lol with you xtreme becaues my situation seems to echo yours. i started on x64 then went back to x32 and dolphin seems to be fighting me every step of the way ^^; it sucks!

I wonder if it has to do with the stability of the game on the releases we are using...

if its glitchy at all on your machine chances are some variable is getting mangled before it has a chance to be modified by the action replay code...

brubo

Yes, not all codes will decrypt. The readme included with GCNcrypt says Datel used a very complex encryption scheme which has only been reverse engineered for 98%. Most codes wil decrypt but some won't.

OP
L

lightningfire

Hi brubo i decrypted this code from here http://www.arcentral.net/Codes/NTSC/Resident_Evil.php

EDYJ-887Q-9Y5TH
BFNG-ZRZ7-6KUUT
YHPK-9080-PCY6Y
TVV1-PKF9-0WDMA
49A0-EMF2-3FDT2
HK8D-XRW1-YK8Z3
E9FZ-A3QA-YCERP

to

004E1BDF 08000000
8D1646B4 0000000E
05164744 00000008
0516478C 00000008
051C5400 00000008
051CB2C0 00000008
00000000 40000000

And when i start the game it gives error unknown action replay command 8d, what could be a problem ?

Which are the lines that need to be deleted for the code to work

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I'm guessing the line that starts with "8D" is your problem, since the error said "unknown command 8D".