What's new

Questions on the forthcoming 1964

OP
C

CrispyXUK

Minty
Trotterwatch said:
Orkin only has an OpenGL plugin :) GLN64 (IMO one of the best plugins out there, truly amazing).

Damn i'm gonna have to get an Adaptoid or Skillzcube now so I can play these games.

Thanks for posting the shot.

Is there still any chance of configurable gui commands like MAME or even zsnes allows?

xamenus

Hey, the graphics look great in that screenshot! I can't wait until 1964 0.9.9 is out! It might be better than PJ64! Keep up the good work Rice and schibo!

revl8er

That Damn Good
The way that it looks now, the new 1964 will be better than pj64. I have been a long time user of pj64, but I believe this new 1964 will pretty much take over as the best n64 emu.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
No doubt in my mind that 1964 is going to take over, espically since the new glide is going to be 1964 exclusive, not that I don't love Pj64, but this new 1964 is going to be awesome.

Clements

Matata said:
Wow, the subscreen is looking better than ever!

Orkin's high resolution framebuffer kicks ass! Looks much better than every other plugin with FB! :happy:

And you'll be able to use it with the new 1964 a treat. I hope glN64() can benefit from the extended zilmar spec. too to improve the compatibility of the framebuffer! ;)

Trotterwatch

glN64() is one of the best plugins around. The framebuffer indeed is a treat, and remarkably fast :)

I remember playing around with it a while back and being astounded at the amount of games it actually played - even more astounded when I noticed that PD had motion blur :) I had previously been unaware of it!

Clements

Yep, there are probably loads of FB effects emulated with glN64() that aren't with Jabo's- you just have to test loads of games with it and see what happens! The most impressive for me was seeing the ripple effect in Mickey's Speedway USA fullspeed in hi-res- totally unexpected! It's 3fps with Jabo's!

But there are many FB effects that glN64()'s framebuffer has yet to latch onto, so the new 1964 could make this possible! It's all well and good seeing the amazing Glide64 having the motion blur and nice compatible framebuffer, but what about us Ati/nVidia users? :happy:

Hyper190

Banned
so how good would you say all the graphic plugins are...

scale of one to ten???

i must say that gln64 is almost a ten!!!

what would you guys say???

dukenukem

lord freiza
hm gln64 is a very good plugin i would give it a ten but it's god awfuly slow on my system even without 2xsai and framebuffer and using 640x480 resolution:(

Clements

All plugins have their own strengths (and weaknesses too), so they are all worth 10 to me! :w00t:

I couldn't play all my games without them all! All the authors have done cracking work!

RescueRabbit

Clements said:
Yep, there are probably loads of FB effects emulated with glN64() that aren't with Jabo's- you just have to test loads of games with it and see what happens! The most impressive for me was seeing the ripple effect in Mickey's Speedway USA fullspeed in hi-res- totally unexpected! It's 3fps with Jabo's!

But there are many FB effects that glN64()'s framebuffer has yet to latch onto, so the new 1964 could make this possible! It's all well and good seeing the amazing Glide64 having the motion blur and nice compatible framebuffer, but what about us Ati/nVidia users? :happy:

Excuse me, I`ve got a Question to this. Every time I start Mickey`s Speedway with 1964 and GlN64 with FB on it works fine until I try to start a Race. After the ripple Effect the screen freezes but the sound still works fine. Do you have the same problem? BTW I´m using Azimer`s old driver (0.30) and for my Radeon M7 Omegadrivers that equal Catalyst 3.7.

THX in advance

Clements

Yep, that's a bug alright. It was broken along the path to the released 0.4 plugin somehow... Test versions I had didn't exhibit this problem at all. Still, the ripple effect works! :happy:

scotty

The Great One
for once I have to disagree with Clements. I think that Jabos deserves a 10 hands down. Rices gets a 9, although I have not seen the 5.2.0 yet unitl you know what gets released. Glide gets an 8 due to its lacking of compatibility in some cases. TR64 OpenGL gets a 6 due to its slow speed. GLN64 doesnt seem to work for me so I cant really rate it.

xamenus

Another question:

Will the graphics and sound be good in TWINE 007? (Do Bonds guns show and is the speech working?)