What's new

Questions for dolphin

Xstriker

3d master-
I would like to know if my computer is able too run games on dolphin( great emu :p ) specially my 3d card who is a geforce 4 ti-4200 agp 8x 128 mo, my other things are not bad a 2500+ barton and 512 meg ram ddr, i would like too know if i would be able to run at a descent fps rate

Gladiac0190

uh yeah, i love this text:
Code:
Q: It runs slow on my 4.8GHz PenthloniumXT64++ Pro!!! What's wrong?
A: The Nintendo Gamecube is a very advanced platform and computers are not fast enough yet to emulate it with the techniques we use. Expect speed improvements in the future, though.
Dolphin is not optimized yet, no SSE2, ..., BLUBblabla extensions and most likely much debug stuff in the current bins which decreases the speed ot the emulation. Don't expect to get it running flawlessly in the very near future :D.

OP
Xstriker

Xstriker

3d master-
the read me doesn't say anything, my card is better than a 5200 fx, so i dont know if its good enough

Clements

It's the CPU that makes more difference in emulation, and no CPU you can buy is good enough, even the Socket 939 Athlon64 FX-53 overclocked is no where near fast enough for the 3D games to get 60fps yet. There is also no way of saving games yet and there is no sound in most games...

Gladiac0190

hehe, clements is completely right. Even a 4.8GHz PenthloniumXT64++ Pro (DOH!) (which should be faster than an overclocked fx53) is too slow to emulate in realtime. So,... :D

Knuckles

I changed my 1800+ (1.53Ghz) to a 3000+ (2.17) and I can barely see a difference, only some 2d stuff are faster.... And I can run Dolphin with a Voodoo 4 or 5 (2000) so do you, now, think you can with your card?? :p

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
Hm a decent Fps rate: Anwser No
With good Gfx: Anwser No (i think to see colors and better gfx in few games you need a card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0)Farewell my Geforce 4 :yucky:

But dont worry maybe in the future or in the near future :p
About my Fps my Amd XP 2000 1,67 ghz runs the 3d gfx about 4-8 Fps

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Knuckles said:
I changed my 1800+ (1.53Ghz) to a 3000+ (2.17) and I can barely see a difference, only some 2d stuff are faster.... And I can run Dolphin with a Voodoo 4 or 5 (2000) so do you, now, think you can with your card?? :p

It doesn't matter how fast your pc is, the bottleneck is the software itself...

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Xstriker said:
the read me doesn't say anything, my card is better than a 5200 fx, so i dont know if its good enough
??? Don't understand... A FX should be better than a 4, shouldn't it?
I have only a Geforce 3 ti 200 and I#m happy with it...
BTW: My Geforce 3 is better than a Geforce 6800. :p
Just a joke, plz answer my question, because that's a little bit confusing for me

el_pajero

ohh¡ I have a gforce fx 5600 256mb , pentium 4 3200, sound ac 97, 1024 ram and 140 gb hard disk
crazy taxi runs on 15-20 fps in game ,in intro 110 fps
zelda runs on 6 fps , in the houses 13 fps.

OP
Xstriker

Xstriker

3d master-
like they said, its not the graphic card that changes the speed but the processor, the fact that you have a 3200 can change a little bit the speed

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Xstriker said:
like they said, its not the graphic card that changes the speed but the processor, the fact that you have a 3200 can change a little bit the speed

Not completely true. Dolphin itself is the FPS problem, not your computer. The computer may have little effect, but Dolphin is the main reason. If you want to have Gamecube games now, I suggest you buy yourself a Gamecube. :icecream:

OP
Xstriker

Xstriker

3d master-
I never eared about the penthlonuim??? Who is the company whos doing it, never heard news of it

Gladiac0190

Xstriker said:
I never eared about the penthlonuim??? Who is the company whos doing it, never heard news of it
Penthlonium? This is only a fakename... a joke, you know. a mixture of athlon and pentium you know...