What's new

Questions about Dolphin

xhispage

www.BlueCode.Cjb.Net
I have a few questions , excuse me for being so noobiesh , I am new to the emulation world. I did know Knuckles before (I think , or someone with the same name as him) from a project called GTA WO.

I have some questions.
1. Is the version that the screenshots are from (the Animal Crossing screenies , Pikmin etc.) released or is it stil in developement?
2. if it is still in developement , why not go for an open beta test , what could possibly happen? exept loads of publicity :D

This are just my 2 questions. Please , do not flame me for this.

Mr.Xanni

P.S. Good luck on Dolphin!

EDIT1: Posty! Its me :D
EDIT2: How big should GameCube "images" be? I heard 1.4 , but Animal Crossing is only 32MB , ive heard... Just a question...

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
1. it isn't
2. because they don't need a bunch of gripe "FIX THIS OR YOU SUCK!!1" posts in the forum.

Couldn't this be construed as asking for a beta?

xero9009

xhispage said:
EDIT2: How big should GameCube "images" be? I heard 1.4 , but Animal Crossing is only 32MB , ive heard... Just a question...
It's that small because the GCM has been shrunk using the Dolphin shrinker. It basicly gets rid of all the garbage and empty space which is not used. There are some bugs in it, however, so I wouldn't recommend using it on everything. And yes all GC ISOs are 1.4GB

OP
xhispage

xhispage

www.BlueCode.Cjb.Net
I was not asking for a beta , but you awnsered my questions.
Why wouldnt the Nintendo guys just remove the empety spaces if they are useless anyways? Seems like a waste of space to me :D

Shrimpz

the reason all that extra junk is there is to fill in the inner part of the disc.....
all the actual game data is on the outer edges of the disc because the laser can read the outside of the discs at a higher rate than it can the inner parts.....
so by adding useless info to the insides the game is read faster.....
when you turn it into an iso....., it's not being read by a laser so you can safely remove all that useless date and just have the relevant info.....
:whistling

OP
xhispage

xhispage

www.BlueCode.Cjb.Net
okay , that explains it.
Thanks for the awnsers , and I can't wait for a new version that supports some comercial games :D

Knuckles

hey xhispage ;)

the emu already run some games you know, look at the compatibility thread :p

jareg

Just A Guy
Well actually ;)

Media 3 inch NINTENDO GAMECUBE Disc based on Matsushita's
Optical Disc Technology, Approx. 1.5GB Capacity

But yeah usually there 1.35 GB