What's new

Question regarding Saturn Bomberman emulation

FoxStarwind

Because SSF is unable to work on my computer, I was wondering if anybody else has gotten Saturn Bomberman to play on SSF or any emulator for that matter. By Saturn Bomberman, I specifically mean Saturn Bomberman, and not Saturn Bomberman Fight (the 3d version), although for that matter, does Saturn Bomberman Fight work as well? In any case, I read somewhere that SSF can play both Saturn Bombermans perfectly, but is anybody else able to confirm this?

Also, does SSF have online multiplaying capabilities, or any Saturn emulator for that matter? After all, Saturn Bomberman was able to have up to ten players. If there were an online mode, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Borisz

Even the main console just became emulated recently. Don't look for any shiznit like netplay or even multitap/3d pad support.

Bomberman and Bomberman Fight work fine on SSF, the last time I checked.

rcgamer

the old guy
i get an sh2 error when i try to run saturn bomberman. havent tried the other one. could just be a bad image though. ill get another and report back.

OP
F

FoxStarwind

Borisz,

The SSF version that you used to check Saturn Bomberman, is it a SSF that requires SSE2? I have an Athlon XP, and am unable to play newer versions of SSF. What version of SSF are you using, and does it require SSE2 (i.e. P4 or Athlon64)?

Borisz

0.06 alpha something, its up on the ssf main page. it's a lot slower and has no sound though, as well as some lockup/crash issues (for me anyway) and doesn't see cd drives properly (only sees 2 out of 4 virtual drives).

R0YB0T

rcgamer said:
i get an sh2 error when i try to run saturn bomberman. havent tried the other one. could just be a bad image though. ill get another and report back.

I get an SH2 error also. At the Sega logo.