What's new

Question on controllers

Ransom

I've heard that this emulator can support the n64 controller if you have a usb converter, but I was wondering if any other usb controllers would work. It would be alot easier for me to get a usb controller for my computer, but are any of them compatible with the emulator?

metalkobra

Happy Cat
I've heard that this emulator can support the n64 controller if you have a usb converter, but I was wondering if any other usb controllers would work. It would be alot easier for me to get a usb controller for my computer, but are any of them compatible with the emulator?

Yes, you can use a regular USB controller with PJ64, i use a Saitek 10 button controller, you can pick one up at wal mart for 20 bucks. but any controller will work with PJ64.

Also, I perfer using the N-Rage plugin as I find the layout to be better than the others.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes. Most USB gamepads/controllers that are DirectX compatible will work, Project64 is a Windows program after all. It would be pretty counter-intuitive if only N64 controllers with an USB adapter would be recognized by Project64, don't you think? If you have problems, just make sure that you're drivers are properly installed.

metalkobra

Happy Cat
lol i tried using a 360 controller with my friend before he left i was like ugh this controller blows -grabs saitek-

metalkobra

Happy Cat
The only thing i really dont like about this saitek game pad is the D-pad because if you press forward sometimes itll go UP lmao and it ticks me off in games like MK3 and stuff.