What's new

Question about the Hookshot weapon in OoT

JasDicks71

I am not sure anyone can help me with this but I just aquired the hookshot weapon but when I try to use it, i have trouble with it. It is supposed to hook itself onto different things so you can swing around and get to places not accessable before like rooftops. But when i set the weapon to a location and hit the button to grab on it either bounces off or misses the target entirely. I try to hook on to a rooftop but it won't work. Can someone help? Thanks.

Clements

You need to use the Hookshot directly on surfaces that allow you to hook on. With rooftops, only the tiles are hookable, the extreme edges are not.

BoggyB

As a rule of thumb anything that appears to be wooden can be hook-shot to. You also get special hookshot targets in some places.

It also has a limited range - if you can't see the red aiming dot then you're too far away.

Toasty

Sony battery
Helpful things you can hook onto:

• Hookshot targets (duh)
  • Some tree branches (such as the one above the door of the Forest Temple)
  • Chests
  • Torches
  • Many wooden beams
  • Rooftops - only the shingles on top, like was said before
  • Some climbable surfaces like vines and chains on the walls
  • Some enemies (Freezards, Like Likes, Morpha, probably others I can't remember)
  • Gold skulltula tokens (they get drawn to you, not you to them)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but you get the idea. All inactive objects that are within the range of the hookshot will have a laser site shown when you point the hookshot at them. This doesn't necessarily mean that the hookshot can latch onto that object though - only that you are close enough to hit it.

Last edited: