What's new

Question about savefiles

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
When I save a game in 1964, the file has a name like romname-somenumbers.fla

In project64 the name are like romname.fla

Is there any way to make both emus use the same name format?

Allnatural

Nope, but the files are still interchangeable. 1964 adds the CRC to the filename, so it's simply a matter of adding or removing said numbers when swapping savefiles.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
yeah that's what i do. But now i have lots of roms, and i'm to lazy to di it again, and again, and again, and... :sleeping:

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
It would be nice to have an option in the emu to set what the savefile names will be, to switch fastly between it and project64.

Rice

Emulator Developer
There are reasons why we have the CRC in the save filenames. For example, Zelda OOT has 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 versions. No one has ideas if save states are compatible among different versions. You don't want to use the same ZeldaOOT.sav file for all versions.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Oh my prob is that since Project64 use plain names only, i have to look up the crc each time i want to use the savefile in 1964.

Wll anyway, you cleared a doubt i had ever since i started using 1964, thanx.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Neto, why don't you make a small utility for such purpose like these then? I kinda do it all the time...otherwise you could use savestates and import them :)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Doomulation said:
Neto, why don't you make a small utility for such purpose like these then? I kinda do it all the time...otherwise you could use savestates and import them :)

I though about the savefiles. I'm working in too many utilies right now, but i might consider that.

leizar

I think that if the problem is all about file names I should be able to create such an utility.
But you have to tell me what exactly should it do:D

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
leizar said:
I think that if the problem is all about file names I should be able to create such an utility.
But you have to tell me what exactly should it do:D

Well it should delete CRC from the 1964 savefile's names you choose and live only the filename.fla (so you can use them in pj64)

And on the other direction it should add a CRC to the pj64 savefile's names so they can be used in 1964. About that, i don't know how should it find the right CRC.

Well, good luck if you try it! :sorcerer:

Doomulation

Pj and 1964 reads the crc from the header (afaik?). If just read and byteswapped right, this should be it. I don't remember exacly at what offset the crc can be found, though. I know witten knows, however, and maybe some others...

Remember one thing, though: CRC1 & 2 are each 4 bytes long. To get the crc, get the ascii number of each character and convert it to hex.

That should help.

leizar

OK for the deleting of the CRC from the name
But if it has to add it reading it from the rom the program has to make use of the rom and I'd like to avoid that.
I've seen that scanning the roms with GoodN64 ("Deep" option checked) it produces a list of the roms in which are included the CRC codes.
I think that if I had a complete list of roms produced with it, I could do a good job.
Someone has to provide me that list though (I don't own many roms).
I'm waiting for it

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
What if the program lets you select the rom along with the fla file, then look up the crc in the rom and add it to the file's name

leizar

This are a few lines from a scan list:

"ce8cc172 6acdb3fc Conker's Bad Fur Day (U) [!] (L-67108864)",
Imagename: [CONKER BFD ] Cnty: USA Ver: 1.0 ID: FU
Hdr: 11a9bca3 Boot: 98bc2c86 Hdrchk: 30c7ac50:7704072d

As you see the GOOD name is included as well as the two CRC.
In order to create a list containing infos about all existing roms I think that someone, who own them all, shoud do it.
Another solution is to put toghether infos collected from different persons.
Anyway it will be though.
Don't you know somebody that could do such a thing?
If so, let me now.

leizar

NeTo said:
What if the program lets you select the rom along with the fla file, then look up the crc in the rom and add it to the file's name
Good idea.
Changing the name without having to select the rom would be easier anyway.

Doomulation

leizar said:
Good idea.
Changing the name without having to select the rom would be easier anyway.
But I can't see how that's possible. Or at least, there will be problems.
Just let them select the rom-file and it will automatically be able to select the right .fla file :)