What's new

Question about Paper Mario: TTYD

bstbll

So, first of all, I apologize if this has been answered before. I searched the forums, but the vast majority of the threads about problems with TTYD have related to a freezing problem which has since been reconciled.

Anyways, my problem has to do with graphics. I first noticed the problem in Rogueport, when I was rescuing Goombella. After I won the fight, I was supposed to get swarmed by something, but I never actually saw them. I just saw a bunch of shadows moving around on the ground and pink pixels flying around. Similar things happen when I'm doing something that changes the world of the game, such as hitting a switch that creates a bridge or stairs. They come out fine, in that I can use them, but the animation for when they are appearing doesn't come out right. Also, when I go down a pipe, sleep in an inn, or turn into a paper airplane (I don't know if there are any other curses beyond that, I'm not that far in the game), I don't actually see the animation (the paper swirling down the pipe, sliding into the bed, or folding into the airplane). A black silhouette of Mario appears in the center of the screen, my characters disappear, and then reappear in the new form/location, without the transition animation.

It's not a big deal, the game itself has been playing fine, but it is something that's been bugging me, so if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

I'm running it on a Macbook Pro, r6545,
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Last edited:

Master William

Same

i have the same problem and my comp is really good. its not just you mate. even with my nvidia 9800 gtx+ graphics card and intel wolfdale processor it happens.also i have another problem to add. when u get to the puni parts the zoom screwes up and freezes.how do i fix it?:borg: :santa: . and woot borg santa