What's new

Question about paper mario flickering and evoodoo

NateMan9

ok i have a geforce 4 ti 4200 card i downloaded evoodoo and i am unable to select in the part were you select video or settings
i went to the site that shwos how to do it and its not that easy i cant even select the glideX3 thing, so how am i able to play paper mario with this game still flickering if im unable to change the video settings?

please let me know

thanks

-nate

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Also, to run paper mario properly, you might wish to check it up in my sig, as it needs a little tweaking.

OP
N

NateMan9

i cant select glideX3

i am unable to select the glideX3 in video settings so how am i suspose to be able to quit the game from flickering?

Clements

Glide2x.dll, Glide3x.dll and eVoodoo go in the same directory as Project64.exe.

Glide64.dll (and the Glide64.ini file) goes in the plugin folder.

You should be able to use the plugin as normal, fullscreen only.

Now it should work.

OP
N

NateMan9

still dont work...

ok heres what i downloaded eVoodoo 3.25 inside the zip was a Glide3X.dll and econtrol.exe thats it. now how ami suspose to use this if i didnt getan ini file? was this the wrong thing to download im confused about this if possible can oyu help me out step by step?

Clements

You need Glide64 - The actual plugin itself, by the sounds of things. You have eVoodoo and the files with it, so just get Glide64 (I think its at the bottom of the main page in these forums under video plugins)

Glide3x and Glide2x are not the actual plugins but the glide wrappers.

Once you are sure you have all the stuff, follow my previous quote post to put the things in the right places etc.

OP
N

NateMan9

glide64?....

i dont think i can use glide 64 i dont have a voodoo card my card is nividia and if i use glide my drivers will get messed up wont they?

please let me know

Clements

Don't worry, the point of eVoodoo is to enable non-voodoo users to use glide64 and similar plugins. Thats why you downloaded it.

OP
N

NateMan9

ok now what?

ok ihave Evoodoo and glide64 now were do i instal these at?
please tell me were both files go

thanks

-nate

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
OK, I did what I was supposed to do, now what do I do to get rid of the screen being upside down?

OP
N

NateMan9

got it working

ok i think i got paper mario working without flickering but what i noticed is that with glide therse no shadows from the objects, but i guess thats ok to.:emutalk: