What's new

question about morrowind and neverwinter nights

OP
G

garboy

Some One
plus is the editor cool and easy to use? i saw some videos of the editor and it looks pretty easy to use

Trotterwatch

coolio...when you equip any kind of armor you can see it huh?

Yep you can see it :) It looks pretty good also (you can switch from 1st to 3rd person viewpoints by pressing tab).

BTW...what are your computer specs? And does it run good on your comp.?

Athlon 900mhz
384ram
SB Live
GF3 Ti200
Win XP Pro

The game runs at a decent speed @ 1024x768 with Pixel Shading

I have the options set to maximum draw distance
1/4 AI distance (as this relies on the processor, and imho adds little to the game)
Shadows off (with shadows on performance is the same)

plus is the editor cool and easy to use?

Well if I can use it, it must be easy :) You can do pretty much anything using it, guaranteed you could make your own mini-mod within 10 minutes.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
sweet :) so since i have a GF2 and i cant do pixel shading...do i turn it off in options or does it just not show the pixel shading?

OP
G

garboy

Some One
2 more questions...

1.how many different weapons and armor is there?

2.will i be able to see the weather and day/night effects?

Eagle

aka Alshain
I've played them both. Your system should run them fine. Win98 has speed probs with Morrowind though. But then again it has speed problems with GTA3 and almost every other game that looks that good.

Trotterwatch

1.how many different weapons and armor is there?

Lots of them, from swords and axes, to longbows etc You also of course have spells at your disposal and enchanted objects.

2.will i be able to see the weather and day/night effects?

As I said, the only thing that uses the Pixel Shaders, is the water. As such the weather affects will remain untouched.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Trotterwatch said:
I own Morrowind, but don't own Neverwinter nights.

On Morrowind you will see everything bar the special water effects. On Neverwinter nights - you should see most things, but you'll be better waiting for someone elses opinion on that.

I was suggesting you purchase the games, see what you think of them, if you like them (and the graphics) keep them, if you don't then return them, no harm done.

you can do that in the US? bloody hell lol

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well the rules afaik are always once you've opened it, its yours. since when has "oooh no, i don't like it" been a valid excuse?

Trotterwatch

In the shop called Game, telling them you don't like the game/have completed it is a perfectly valid reason for returning a game (believe me).

Trotterwatch

I'm not joking at all - check the website which also carries the same guarantee.

I buy plenty of games, and have only ever taken about 5 back (which is a small amount over a few years, I have a lot of games). In fact once Game bought this rule in, I have purchased many more games from them. Virgin also tend to allow you to return games quite easily.

My friend on the other hand, takes back virtually every game he buys, and swaps it for another one - slightly taking the piss. If you do that, then it is really down to the discretion of the Manager whether or not to allow you to keep doing that.

Check out this link:

http://www.game.uk.com/custservice.asp

As a general rule:

GAME
HMV
Virgin

Will let you return a game quite easily, regardless of whether it is opened or not.

Dixons {spit}
PCWorld {spit}
WHSmith

Will only let you return a game if it is faulty, and will more often than not only offer like for like replacements.

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Smiff said:
Trotterwatch said:
I own Morrowind, but don't own Neverwinter nights.

On Morrowind you will see everything bar the special water effects. On Neverwinter nights - you should see most things, but you'll be better waiting for someone elses opinion on that.

I was suggesting you purchase the games, see what you think of them, if you like them (and the graphics) keep them, if you don't then return them, no harm done.

you can do that in the US? bloody hell lol

Uhh, well. At Best Buy, CompUSA, Babbages, and every other software retailer around here they have a no return policy on opened software. This is a clause in the licensing agreement with the game publisher that the store signs before they can sell it so no stores can allow you to return it. The most prominent reason for doing this is because whats to stop somebody from opening it, copying it, writing the CD-Key down and returning it. Local video rental stores used to allow you to rent PC CDs as well but as CD-Rs grew in popularity, they quit doing it.

EDIT: This policy doesnt apply to faulty or defective CDs, but often they tell you to contact the company for a replacement rather than return it.

Last edited:

gokuss4

Meh...
lol so you can buy the game, write down the cd key, copy the cd, and than put a crack in the cd (physically, and try not to scratch it though and give it finger prints is a no no) and they'll except it back with refund? :D lol

Trotterwatch

Yes they will accept it back for a full refund. However, to tell the truth I have only used the methods you have just stated a couple of times - I tend to keep the large majority of my games. The developers deserve the cash.

M

mann

you can play both extremly well if i can get good performance, but dont buy nwn it sucks! get morrowind its much much better