What's new

Question about Jabo's sound plugin

ComixManiac

Is there an emulator that can use this plugin besides Project? And i mean all versions of the emus! Probably an older version of 1964?

Second why is it so difficult to add support for this plugin?

Allnatural

You can use the plugin with v0.7.3 of 1964, but that's it. You'll need the RSP plugin to make it work.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Actually, 1964 0.8.3c can also use it if you can find it (hint: Zophar's Domain). Just be warned that there are some big problems in that version. Especially with Windows 9x/Me.

OP
C

ComixManiac

I used it with 0.7.3 but although i put the RSP plugin in the folder the emu freezes when i open a rom. Am i missing something? I'm going to try it with 0.8.3c right now!

OP
C

ComixManiac

No luck with 0.8.3c either:plain: I can hear the sound but i see no graphics at all! Err... anyone that managed to use Jabo's plugins with an emu besides Project please help!

Allnatural

Oops. :blush: I was wrong, Jabo's plugin won't work in v0.7.3. Lillymon was right though, it will work in v0.8.3c. I've used it before, so I know it works, but I can't explain why the video doesn't work for you. That version is quite buggy by the authors' own admission though...

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I'd say it's best to wait for Azimer to finish his LLE plugin. It sounds even better than Jabo's sound plugin in some cases, and works with 1964.