What's new

Quest 64

maximius

The text is a bit messed up (the purple shading is WAY to strong of a color), but turning on the Normal Blender & or combiner to fix it messes up a lot of other stuff (NPC's change colors, intro is white where it should be black), and the message window where you see the text in the first place has no boarder! Since this rom is so hard to find, i WILL send it to you, but ONLY if you are a programmer for 1964. - if I'm not allowed to do this, PLEASE do not ban me, just edit my post. (the file is 16.0MB, v64 format, verified good dump)

Clements

FYI no rom is difficult to find. Also, please do not attach rom images to your posts (it is against the rules to ask or give out rom images), even if the size limit stopped you this time.

Thank-you.

Clements

I interpreted your post wrong, thought you tried to attach it, but it is still against the rules to ask or give out rom images regardless.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
There is a bit of irony though, what with the very source of our community being the 'R-word' and it can never be discussed. I mean I've practically got a complete English language r0m set anyway so it's of little concern to me, but you see my point.

Anyway yeah, reiterate again, no requests/posts. At the very least this should be done with private messaging should you have a genuine issue here, but even then...

Clements

Yep, roms are illegal and emulators are not, so rom image discussion is no allowed but emulator discussion is. Anyway, glN64() 0.41 runs it flawlessly. Would have told you before but you talked about rom images and the lamer alarm went off in my head! :D

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
GLn64 may run it flawlessly on some cards, but he has a Radeon 7500. That plugin does not work well with it at all as I have experienced. If it does happen to work well for you maximius then please let me know what Catalyst version you're using (and if it's original, Omega's, DNA's, etc...).

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Clements, he knows it runs flawlessly in the 3D graphics. He wants to fix the giant pink borders around the text, and the relevant options to do that screw up the 3D graphics severely.

::hugs her Q64 cart::

bohdy

You young folks are lucky to have only pink borders! Back in my day, when ultraHLE was first released, the letter graphics were completely jumbled and I literally had to decipher each letter based on its context with the few (2 or 3) legible letters in a number of conversations and then remember it.

By the end of the game I was actually reading all of the text fairly fluently, which isn't bad considering that it was practically another language that I had mastered!

Ehh, and I'm not actually *that* old, I just like saying "back in my day" ;)

Clements

God, some people are SO picky! Then Glide64 0.7ME + Hacktarux wrapper, that will work on a 7500 AND remove the pink borders.

OP
M

maximius

I can't get ANY Glide64 video plugin to even LOAD.
Also, on my dad's computer, 60FPS for Paper mario = too fast,
and in some cutscenes such as the bowser battle at the start,
all the characters/people are... black. (Radeon 9200 128MB DDR).
And in reply to #10, that is NOT what Quest 64 really looks like.
I know because I own it.

EDIT: I just did a bit of testing on Project64, and the errors in there are even wierder. Some of the walls accually buldge and contract when you walk by them! I would of taken a pic, but pj64 crashed, lol.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Get Hacktarux's glide Wrapper or evoodoo glide Wrapper (search the forums) and place it in the emulator directory (not the plugin directory). Then you will be able to use glide64. Just make sure not to select any framebuffer effects or else it may hang/crash the emulator.

EDIT: H3ad5h0tter you got me :p