What's new

Pugin Reccomendations, and why.

maximius

I reccomend that you use: Rice's Video Plugin 5.5.1 or higher, because in my experience it has the highest quality of them all :) Jabo's Direct Sound 1.5 (or higher, if they ever make one), because with EVERY rom I have, the sound is perfect, and I have a bit over 20 roms. N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.82 or higher, because it is the most developed one I've seen yet. Also, Jabo's Direct Sound 1.5 practically NEEDS the RSP Emulation Plugin from PJ64, or the sound is messed up. So, what do you reccomend?

Clements

I recommend all plugins due to different strengths and weaknesses and the fact that they all work differently depending on system configuration.

-Direct64 would be best if the compatibility was as high as Rice's;
-Rice's Video and Jabo's plugin would be the best plugins if it had the same image quality and frame buffer as Direct64;
-Glide64 would be the best plugin if you use a Voodoo card.

Sound-wise Jabo's is hard to beat being LLE and all, but Azimer's LLE plugins sound just as good. Input plugins I use Jabo's because it's way easier to configure, but N-Rage's offers way more options.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I would also recommend Orkin's glN64 if your gfx card does not support pixel shaders and you can't use Direct64.
As for sound, Azimer's audio 0.40 is also a good choice.
Regarding input plugins Jabo's and N-Rage's seem like the only good choice.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Pretty much every plugin has it's strong points with different games. You just have to try them all.

rcgamer

the old guy
well if you could only choose one graphic plugin ,,,I would have to choose rices video. The compatability is the best . and the quality overall is very good. throw in the framebuffer effects(wich are still being worked on) and it has to be the best gfx plugin.

for sound i would go with schibos ,with the rsp from mupen a lot of those annoying sounding games (pilot wings for example)are history (choose azimers 40 in the rsp setup screen under emulator defined plugin).

nrages input is a no-brainer for me. options , options, options.

for rsp ill take hac's from mupen.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I would strongly recommend glide64 + hacktarux's wrapper. Damn, it looks awfully good. Almost as if it was a glide64 port.