What's new

PSU Dillemma

sheik124

Emutalk Member
A friend of mine is thinking of purchasing a PC from me and I am having a hard time deciding what brand to use. Now, if this were one of my other friends, I'd put an Antec in there and pray it didn't explode (never had one explode on me), and if it did, I'd simply explain to them what and why happened, and I'd go ahead and replace the PSU (I love RMA's, don't you?). But this guy, and especially his sister, no, they are extremely arrogant and full of themselves, and like to blame others for simply anything, and they NEVER let the past blow over. I need to know which type of power supply has never seen the word RMA or Failure, since my "Beefy" choice is always Enermax due to their high reliability, but their prices are high, I don't want to resort to using an Enermax. Are Allied's PSUs any good? I have used tons of them and never had one failed on me, same with Enermax, but I question Antec's reliability for anything over 350W. .................Help

Eagle

aka Alshain
lol, if they dont want to ever see the words RMA or Failure they need to go back to pen and paper. Computers fail, its the price we pay for the speed of progressing technology.

OP
sheik124

sheik124

Emutalk Member
i have tried everything to explain it to them, but they always expect life to hand them everything on a silver platter, and they have very short tempers, can barely get through half the explanation before they begin threatening :)

Alchy

Then personally I woudn't be doing them favours like building their PC. But if you stand to make some cash out of it, just get them an Enermax. The reliability is worth it.

OP
sheik124

sheik124

Emutalk Member
thats all i needed, reassurance that i had to spend money to make money, of course, if the fact alone was that they'd blame, do you think i'd give a fuck? certainly not, but its the fact that they'd pretty much destroy any potential customers i had by spreading shit they don't know about around

Alchy

Well, you can guarantee that the one time you do take a chance with the PSU, it will fail just to spite you. Guaranteed.