What's new

PSP emulation

rockytrh

Does anybody know if there is a team working on a PSP emulator? Just curious. All the emus i have found (i am not looking for a "working" emu, just looking to see projects) are ones that only play homebrew, but nothing about commercial games. I don't even know if anybody has figured out how to download them from the PSP to a comp, or even if that is plauseable.

Just wondering if psp emulator is even plauseable

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Just wondering if psp emulator is even plauseable

Yes, plauseable. The only question is time. If you did want to play the games, go buy the machine and games. Do not expect a decent emulator for the PSP for a while.

Does anybody know if there is a team working on a PSP emulator? Just curious. All the emus i have found (i am not looking for a "working" emu, just looking to see projects) are ones that only play homebrew, but nothing about commercial games.

All emulators start off working with homebrew stuff, when that is working well, then they start to look at more complicated programs, like full commercial games. Things will appear eventually.

I don't even know if anybody has figured out how to download them from the PSP to a comp, or even if that is plauseable.

Yes they have, you can dump the UDM to a memory stick, then just copy it via the usb cable

OP
R

rockytrh

awesome, it isn't that i really really want to play the games, i was just curious. it just sparked my intrest when i checked up on the progress of PCSX2.