What's new

PSO PC online?

dosmaen

I was wondering if it was still possible to play PSO online for the PC. If the information is not allowed to be posted feel free to PM me. I'd really like to play it again. Such an awesome MMORPG. I probably won't be able to get FFXI until July, sadly, so I need a good online rpg to play until then.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
dosmaen said:
I was wondering if it was still possible to play PSO online for the PC. If the information is not allowed to be posted feel free to PM me. I'd really like to play it again. Such an awesome MMORPG. I probably won't be able to get FFXI until July, sadly, so I need a good online rpg to play until then.
yes its still possible to play pso on the pc,
i'm even playing it ATM

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
dosmaen said:

PSO is not an MMORPG.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Heh.. some intellegent "hackers" have found a way to host your own PSO servers. I've tried it and have successfully hosted one from this PC. There are like 4 private servers which are almost constantly up and obviously running from fast systems/connections. In some ways better than the actual Sega servers were. In addition to that, people make online quests all the time and available for users to DL directly from the lobby (like Sega did back in the day). The hacked EXE and other files which allow you to access these servers are out there somewhere.. hehe. ;)

I've been playing a bit lately.. to tell the truth, I really turned most of the (ngemu, emutalk) community to trying this out.. starting with a chat in IRC.. now everyone's on. ;)

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:
It's just an online RPG.

Isn't MORPG Multiplayer Online RPG, as opposed to MMORPG for Massive Multiplayer Online RPG? Does PSO not fit that description?

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
where i can buy this game?

i not found the PC version in amazon.com and some another sites...... :(
i really like RPGs or MMORPGs

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah i've got it too, i'm always playing it

bloody ace how people have put their own servers up, been playing it a week, on level 33 already, it's ace online

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
AlphaWolf said:
Isn't MORPG Multiplayer Online RPG, as opposed to MMORPG for Massive Multiplayer Online RPG? Does PSO not fit that description?
Of course it does, but Tag said it doesn't so it really must'nt.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:

Wasn't thinking about what the solitary M could mean. ^^;

And jeeze. I'm only THAT authoritarian when I have some solid basis for my assertions.

JevilKnevil

Dammit I want this! I could host a server at our res so everyone on our varsity network can play. *scrambles to get Kazaa*...

Elly

JevilKnevil said:
Dammit I want this! I could host a server at our res so everyone on our varsity network can play. *scrambles to get Kazaa*...

hmm,..damn those sonics,..seems like they reproduce like rabbits and gather around :p