What's new

PSO in Dolphin v1.02?

Velocity 7

I've got a Geforce FX 5200 card with 64 MB and got namely a few problems in PSO:

1. The text is garbled and I can't tell what messages are saying (unlike the screenshot)
2. I can't get in-game. There seems to be some problem with either the memory card or whatever the text is trying to tell me (but it's screwed up in the first place).

Do I have a bad GCM? Or do I need to do something more than I should normally?

EDIT: Bad GCM seems likely. My ID is GPOE, but the noted and correct ID is GPOP... something. E != P, so logic dictates that I've got a bad GCM. :(

Last edited:

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
P = PAL version
E = US version

your GCM is just fine. i dont have the game to test but maybe its just not fully compatible yet. alot of fixes have been made in 1.03, just wait for that version

OP
Velocity 7

Velocity 7

I'll take your word for it, but it was said though PSO was compatible for at least a month now. I'm a month late yet I have these problems, hmm...

Unless of course, PSO was tested on a beta version of Dolphin around 2/22/2005.

OP
Velocity 7

Velocity 7

Why would the European version work but not the USA version? They both should be identical other than 50/60 Hz mode switching (if it exists). Weird...

EDIT: Added pictures for good measure. Also reporting that PSO Episode III NTSC-US (Disc ID: GPSE) does not boot at all. If anyone knows how to get the rest of that disc ID out, let me know.

Last edited:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Velocity 7 said:
Why would the European version work but not the USA version? They both should be identical other than 50/60 Hz mode switching (if it exists). Weird..

Different builds, same effect with Luigi's Mansion. The one that runs through the intro, PAL. The USA one locks up when you hit start on the title screen.

OP
Velocity 7

Velocity 7

Interesting though that even the European version is having the same problem as the USA version on my computer. Very, very weird.

The only other possibility then is that the screenshots were taken using a beta. (will programmers clarify whether or not this is true?)

EDIT: Dynarec does not make a difference; only speed; speaking of which, any frame-limiter coming in soon?

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Velocity 7 said:
Interesting though that even the European version is having the same problem as the USA version on my computer. Very, very weird.

The only other possibility then is that the screenshots were taken using a beta. (will programmers clarify whether or not this is true?)

EDIT: Dynarec does not make a difference; only speed; speaking of which, any frame-limiter coming in soon?

JinXD said it was the beta, you must've missed it. XP