What's new

PS2 ROM Retrieval

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlotsamX

I don't know if this goes against the policies of the board, but here goes...

Is there any kind of software that is available for download that allows you to turn PS2 games into ROMs with just a computer and a PS2 disc, and if so, could you post a link? If POSTING A LINK is against the rules, just say "yes" or "no" if there is such a thing: I'll look for it myself.

Allnatural

I've always used ISOBuster for ripping PSX games. I assume it'll rip PS2 games as well. Any software that can create disc images will generally work, which includes most CD/DVD burning apps.

OP
F

FlotsamX

Well, has anyone actually tested it on PS2 games? I'm planning to rip some rare games, and I don't want the game's data to become corrupted once it's ported to the computer.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ripping is PS2 games in general is no different that ripping a standard PC game DVD.

OP
F

FlotsamX

Ummm... okay. ISOBuster costs $29. Will I be able to rip PS2 games with the limited demo they give?

OP
F

FlotsamX

Umm.... well, I tried ripping the ISO, I clicked the ISO thing on the disc image, and all it did was download the FILES... not just 1 ISO file. So, basicly, I just wasted 4GB on my computer. So, I don't want to do this again, so could someone ell me how to do this step-by-step?

OP
F

FlotsamX

Ummm... thanks ALOT. I checked Google, there's nothing for the first 20 pages.

I managed to get a file with a file-extension of TAO.. Once I get the actual BIOS, will this work? If not, could you PLEASE explain how to do it... and DON'T SAY GOOGLE.

Agozer

Do you even know how to use Google? Took me one simple search and I got a page full of good info and tutorials.

Ask yourself, what is it that you want to do? You want to rip PS2 games with ISOBuster right? I can see three extremely good Google keywords right there. So pick your answer apart, put that into Google, and see what comes up. Why do we have to give you step-by-step instructions when it has been done by someone else more than ten times over in the past? This is why the Internet has search engines.

Besides, if you read the board rules, you'd know that we won't help you rip games.

Last edited:
OP
F

FlotsamX

Well... I typed "PS2 ROM ripping", and I didn't find anything. I tried "ISOBuster info", "ISOBuster PS2 ROM ripping", and a whole lot of other variables as well... what did YOU type? I'll try some more... >.>

Agozer

I'll give you a good hint: Ripped PS2 games aren't ROMs. Search engines will mislead you if you give them false information. Also, it is always a good thing to include the name of the tool you are trying to use. Makes sense doesn't it? Don't expect to get concrete results if your searches are broad and vague, simply "feeling around in the dark".

A search engine doesn't necessarily have to know what exactly you are ripping from the disc. It simply needs to know that you are supposedly trying to rip a PS2 game disc using a program called ISOBuster, nothing more. If you aren't satisfied with the results you get, then start narrowing down the search by adding more descriptive words. If a search engine comes to a dead end because of a search term you added, then you can deduct that the term you used probably wasn't right and you need to find a more common synonym.

Last edited:
OP
F

FlotsamX

Ummm... alright, thanks... and if it is against the policies of the board to "help me directly" on this, well, sorry. ^.^

EDIT: So, will the ".TAO" format work with PCSX2?

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
It's against board rules to ask how to rip ISOs. This rule doesn't seem to be enforced quite as strictly as ROM/ISO download requests though (which is probably why this thread is still open). But Agozer is right; Google is your friend. The answer (actually, there are numerous answers) is there and it's quite easy to find.

OP
F

FlotsamX

Pfft... alright. Seriously though, I've seen sites shut down because they HAD ROMS... I've seen some shut down for MASS redirection to said sites... I've never seen a site shut down just because someone occasionaly posted a link to one of those sites. Ah well...

But still... I don't think that the question I stated was against the rules...

"Is the ".TAO" format compatable with PCSX2?"
It's not asking for ROMS, redirecting to a site, nor is it asking HOW to rip ISOs.

Either way, I'm looking. LOOKING.

synch

Why not open PCSX2, and check if the format is compatible with any of the DVD plugins?

And, if the rules CLEARLY state that talking about ISO ripping is forbidden in these forums, don't expect to get any help here about that: it doesn't get any simpler.

Allnatural

Ok, I must confess that I had forgotten that part of the board rules (stupid me), so the discussion ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.