What's new

Ps1 emulator for PSP....someone is trying

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nin_10_Dough said:
I'm not too impressed with playstation emulators on the pc, I'd be very surprised if any thing came out of this.
With those specs i'm not suprised, but with mine, epsxe and the right plugins is near or perfection itself with most psx games i've tried.

OP
B

bootleg42

The only game that never worked well for me on ePSXe 1.6.0. was WWF In Your House. Other than that, it is perfect with the right configurations and plugins and the occational game fixies.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Are you joking 'nin_10_dough"? ePSXe is one of the most used programs on my computer... if I'm not playing Half Life 2 then I'm goin old school on FF7 thru the wonderful playstation emu

Nin_10_Dough

ScottJC said:
With those specs i'm not suprised, but with mine, epsxe and the right plugins is near or perfection itself with most psx games i've tried.

Yes, my computer does suck but it CAN faithfully emulate a good bit of n64 games. With the emulation rule of thumb, the ps1 runs at 33.9 mhz, so 10x33.9 = 339mhz. Looks like I exceed the 10x rule. The N64 is a good bit more powerful than the ps1 but I can emulate it, that is why I'm not really impressed with the emulators (don't seem optimized?). If it takes specs like yours to emulate the ps1, you think a hacked pc ps1 emulator on a 333mhz psp can?

I guess with the rule of thumb, the psp could come close though .........:whistling

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
There are more to machines like the PS1 than just their CPU core, what about the video core and sound core? all of these parts require a certain amount of cpu time.

Besides, my machine runs the emulator at a 4 times faster framerate than the original machine, so in theory 800mhz *should* be enough, asuming you have excellent video hardware to go along with it.

N64 emu requires more than 10 times its cpu power as well, because of cpu core, graphics and sound as well. all depends, it doesn't have to be "optimized", as long as it works. considering how much it costs to upgrade to a better system I can't understand why you'd still use an 800mhz processor.

PSP definitely can't run ps1 emu at full speed, unless its doing something like the n64 emulator Corn used to do, which is static recompilation; it's basicly a hacky way to make a game run and only one game would work. I'm commenting on you saying ps1 emulators on the PC are unimpressive, like hell they aren't.

behold:

Last edited:

Acorn

My P3 600 with an ATI Rage Pro can run PSX games almost perfect. I don't think the problem he has is his system, but rather trouble configuring - it did take a bit of tweaking to get things perfect on the old hardware, ePSXe is mainly aimed at newer with its defaults.

Nin_10_Dough

ScottJC said:
There are more to machines like the PS1 than just their CPU core, what about the video core and sound core? all of these parts require a certain amount of cpu time.

Besides, my machine runs the emulator at a 4 times faster framerate than the original machine, so in theory 800mhz *should* be enough, asuming you have excellent video hardware to go along with it.

N64 emu requires more than 10 times its cpu power as well, because of cpu core, graphics and sound as well. all depends, it doesn't have to be "optimized", as long as it works. considering how much it costs to upgrade to a better system I can't understand why you'd still use an 800mhz processor.

PSP definitely can't run ps1 emu at full speed, unless its doing something like the n64 emulator Corn used to do, which is static recompilation; it's basicly a hacky way to make a game run and only one game would work. I'm commenting on you saying ps1 emulators on the PC are unimpressive, like hell they aren't.

I thought you where implying it was possible for the psp. The only thing I got from your previous post was an implied "your computer sucks" and it does, but it didn't explain anything to me. So, I assumed you where implying this project looked promising. I know nothing about this type of thing from a technical standpoint. Also, why would I have excellent video hardware to go with my shit system?

Would anyone mind suggesting some plugins for my setup? I guess pm them to me if you feel I'm littering this topic.

Nin_10_Dough

Ah yes, Pete's plugins. Turns out problems I had in the past where caused by the audio plugin and the cd plugin. It made the difference of it being unplayably slow or blazingly fast. I now have to use the fps limiter option. I am quite impressed with this emulator now :p

I didn't cheat for that score either, that is on the second level (school) of thps 1. I could have had another 70-90,000 if I hadn't gotten stuck in the pool as time ran out.

I did notice that when this emulator crashes, it crashes and burns. I almost had to restart once. Is there anyway to choose another game without closing the emulator? :blush:

Last edited: