What's new

Project64 Texture problem!Need help quick!

Bage881

Whenever I'm playing project64 some textures dont show up. Like when im playing Mario Kart for instance the road and trees dissappear sometimes even the players and this happens constantly flashing over and over again.

Can somone please tell me what im doing wrong?How to fix this problem?

Below is a pic of how it looks.

Clements

What plugin are you using? You ought to be using Jabo's D3D6 and not D3D8 with an MX card.

OP
Bage881

Bage881

I already use Jabo's D3D6
Could the problem be that im using DirectX8.1 and I should update?

Clements

That probably isn't the problem, but it doesn't hurt to update to the newer version. You may wish to try different drivers for your video card.

Martin

Administrator
Try updating your video card drivers as well, like Clements is suggesting. :)

sonofaphish

spacing out
DOOD! i have a very similiar problem. it doesnt bug me on anything of mine, except on zelda OoT where link's tunic is white and transparent, and there are no color in most of the objects, and the floor is clear... I'll watch this post, hoping that you can find some help, i wish you the best of luck!

Clements

Having the most up to date NVIDIA drivers for an older video card doesn't always work. Try rolling back to older drivers such as 3x.xx/4x.xx. If not use other video plugins. MX cards should work fine and when I had one it all worked well.

sonofaphish: Your problem is a little different since Matrox cards are rare and unusual beasts that suffer poor IQ with a lot of plugins. You may get better accuracy by using Glide64 and a wrapper called eVoodoo, check out the eVoodoo forum and download section for a couple of different versions you can play with and Glide64 can be found on emuXhaven. eVoodoo however does not support framebuffer or multitexturing so OoT will not look perfect with it, but stuff should at least look better and have the right colours hopefully. You can find out how to use Glide64 with PJ64 in the sticky in this forum.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Clements said:
eVoodoo however does not support... multitexturing .

ug. i still have a G400 so i should try it to see how it's come on. the grass never looked right in zelda irrc. jabo did a lot to improve G400 support around v1.4 iirc... before that a lot of things were just white. the G400 is a Dx6 card btw.. try the dx6 plugin if you're not already?