What's new

Project64 SP 1 v2.0g

soccerboi00

ya i tried it too and the only difference i found was the documentation. They didn't even change the version number in the about box. If they did change the emulator, nobodys noticing and instead of that, they should have updated the plugins.

Trotterwatch

It's not an official update. Source code for 1.5 is not available, so they couldn't have modified the core, and the plugins are all closed source too.

RadeonUser

From what I can tell its nothing more than an unofficial document change and *perhaps* a few rdb tweaks.

Would it help with the problems that plague Project64 1.5? Nope.

At best it *may* help in a few games where the settings have been tweaked in the rdb.

It's also a bit disconcerning seeing people calling this "PJ64 2.0" for short. I wish clements had come up with a better naming system for it, ah well.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Yea Clements decided to do this unofficially to add warnings to the RDB Browser Notes and to add some entries to the GameFAQ.

Mainly it updates the Names of games changed in the latest Goodn64 and a few more adds that wasn't around when the official SP1 came out.

Remeber this is just an unofficial File Tweak and not a new PJ64 with Plugins and all

Trotterwatch

Ah so this is the one Clement's did. I don't have any issue with it (it's a good thing TBH) apart from the name which was perhaps a tad ill thought out :)

Clements

It was mainly for the GoodN64 2.02a updates since the rom browser was out of date, added a few new games etc, but while I was doing updates I thought there was other misc stuff to fix up like the GameFAQ having had experience with a ZSNES FAQ. I can't touch the core of the emu, only the files that are with it.

macoco

It also adds some files required for rice's and glide plugins doesn't it? but I think that they are not required for version 6.0.0 of rice's plugin.

Note:Clements is your avatar a photo of you or why do you have it I am just curious you don't have to answer if you don't want to do it.

Clements

Nah, my avatar isn't a photo of me! :p

The pack does contain dlls for use with Rice's plugin since I thought it would reduce the no. of people who can't get it to work.