What's new

Project64 Question.

ryan41488

Okay, so far I have every driver installed that I need (The XBCD, and XBCD 360 driver) I also have the Microsoft Windows software installed(Even though my controller came with the Xbox 360 Core System) I've also downloaded USBView (to check the ports and things to see if the divice is connected, which it is in port 3 or 4 I believe, since my USB ports are in the front of my CPU) But. no matter what I've done, when I go to the device manager the "Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller" doesn't show up on the list, I've tryed everything their is to try, and I'm getting very frustrated >.<;...could it be that their is no drive that can work with PJ64?....I read that on this site..(http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/guide.html)..so, idk if it's true or not. But no matter what I do, I can't edit my controls in PJ64...Please help, I've already tried the NMZ, and Gamefaqs.

OP
R

ryan41488

Okay, I downloaded the software, restarted my computer, and connected the Xbox 360 controller. Then I went back to the Microsoft site, read the directions for testing, when I clicked on the Game Controllers window, the "XNA Gamepad" wasn't even there....:angry:

OP
R

ryan41488

I'm probably better off just buying a USB adapter and using a regular N64 control, because I have the wired xbox 360 controller, I've downloaded those drivers about 9383x times, and it's still not working. Do they make specific USB adapters for the Nintendo 64?..

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
its most likely that the Xbox360 control isn't in the XBCD inf, this does happen sometimes

is it picked up in usbview?

could it possibly be that the front usb ports aren't connected properly.. try the rear built on ones.

OP
R

ryan41488

Yeah it's picked up in USBview theirs an exclamation point next to it though, so idk if that's a good sign or a bad one. But when I go to USBview it is picked up on every port I've tried.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
ryan41488 said:
Yeah it's picked up in USBview theirs an exclamation point next to it though, so idk if that's a good sign or a bad one. But when I go to USBview it is picked up on every port I've tried.

hmm... question mark usually indicates hardware error... or wiring error.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
try updating the driver if that don't work take your compter in for service and see if the motherboard went had