What's new

Project64 and Wine

mastrboy

Project64 1.6 works very good in linux when run under wine.

Would anyone here know of the 1.7 version would work? Or do anyone have the 1.7 version and time to test it out with the newest wine version? (0.9.57)

If it does work, i want to donate some money so i can get ahold of the 1.7 version, but i need wine "support"

go :linux:

Last edited:

GamerAeon

It just BARELY touches the rule about asking for versions and modifications but it touches it nonetheless. So, yes this is a no no according to Da Rules:nemu:

2kool4skool

It just BARELY touches the rule about asking for versions and modifications but it touches it nonetheless. So, yes this is a no no according to Da Rules:nemu:
How come your profile doesn't say you're a Moderator if you are one? Or... could you be breaking another rule that says "no acting as if you are mod"? No... I'm sure a good rule-abiding member such as yourself MUST be a mod in order to act like one. (Yes, I realize the irony of me saying this.)

I guess the question we should ask ourselves is why isn't it against the rules to act like an asshole to members who are just trying to ask a useful, constructive question. How come intelligent posts by newer (or more infrequent) members are always patronized to death, squall_leonhart?

[EDIT] And I've looked through the rules... there's nothing about his post that breaks them.

Last edited:
OP
M

mastrboy

please do not answer if you do not have information related to my question, rules or not. If it really breaks the rules than a moderator should lock/close the thread instead of you guys bitching about it.

This way i don't have to be all excited when theres a new post here.

Toasty

Sony battery
Version 1.7 is over in WineHQ's app database. It looks like it works for the most part, aside from the controller configuration, but perhaps a controller plugin other than the default would work better. I haven't personally used 1.7, so I can't really offer any other insights.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
How come your profile doesn't say you're a Moderator if you are one? Or... could you be breaking another rule that says "no acting as if you are mod"? No... I'm sure a good rule-abiding member such as yourself MUST be a mod in order to act like one. (Yes, I realize the irony of me saying this.)

I guess the question we should ask ourselves is why isn't it against the rules to act like an asshole to members who are just trying to ask a useful, constructive question. How come intelligent posts by newer (or more infrequent) members are always patronized to death, squall_leonhart?

[EDIT] And I've looked through the rules... there's nothing about his post that breaks them.

We don't discuss the beta's here, even if its related to working on another OS, all discussion about the beta version must be done at the beta forum.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, normally I wouldn't answer a question about the beta here, but he obviously won't have access to the beta board until the question is answered.

So, the chicken or the egg? ;)

Toasty

Sony battery
well the other problem is,... do we provide support for OS's that PJ64 isn't made for in the first place?
Good question. I imagine Linux/Wine related forums are probably the more appropriate place for this sort of question. If this is the case, maybe the FAQ could be amended to reflect it - perhaps providing a link to WineHQ's app database as well. (That's assuming anyone actually bothers to read the FAQ before posting. :happy:)

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I know for a fact it works in Wine. Someone I know was testing it on the very latest Wine. (I don't know if it was obtained legally but it was the latest version.)

It should work on Mac OSX with Darwine or Crossover Office provided you run on x86 Intel Macs.

well the other problem is,... do we provide support for OS's that PJ64 isn't made for in the first place?
Maybe not officially, but why wouldn't a question related be answered? This is community based support after all. I agree that these sort of posts belong in the Linux section unless the OS does or is meant to officially support it, though, unless someone of a higher power believes otherwise.