What's new

Project64 2.0 Beta released

F

Fanatic 64

And I was about to release my RDB for Project64 1.7.0.50. Very convenient I lost my PJ64 account a while ago...

OP
D

dazey238

Wow thats cool... ther is a list of improvements or what wasnt working before and are working now?

Not at the moment, except that as zilmar says there has been a ton of general code rewrites/bug fixes/cleaning up etc etc from 1.6/1.7

It's at the Beta stage, so I guess those kinds of things will become apparent as testing goes on....

etking

The new RDB should be based on PJ64_1.7_RDB_01AGO2012 (By Henryxs87) NEW!!! (Version 2.13) and released for Project64 1.7.0.50 as planned, since 2.0.0.2 (massive audio issues) beta and 1.7.51.51 (many AAA titles are unsupported and crash) beta have a more stable interface but massive emulation issues.

1.7.0.50 is by far the best version, the emulator just needs to be restarted after changing options every time.
2.0.0.2 is more of an untested alpha but the next beta version will hopefully get this fixed.

F

Fanatic 64

The new RDB should be based on PJ64_1.7_RDB_01AGO2012 (By Henryxs87) NEW!!! (Version 2.13) and released for Project64 1.7.0.50 as planned, since 2.0.0.2 (massive audio issues) beta and 1.7.51.51 (many AAA titles are unsupported and crash) beta have a more stable interface but massive emulation issues.

1.7.0.50 is by far the best version, the emulator just needs to be restarted after changing options every time.
2.0.0.2 is more of an untested alpha but the next beta version will hopefully get this fixed.

I've actually been working on a RDB based on Henryxs87's one since the beginning of 2012, I may actually release it this weekend if I have the time. It is for 1.7.0.50, since 2.0 has currently many issues and is seeing constant changes which would affect the configurations, so I decided to wait until it gets more stable to work on specific fixes for it.

etking

This is great news! Please include settings for Goldeneye X, SM64 Star Road, Zeldas Birthday and the newly released Super Banjo Kazooie 64 beta which are also missing in the official files.

F

Fanatic 64

This is great news! Please include settings for Goldeneye X, SM64 Star Road, Zeldas Birthday and the newly released Super Banjo Kazooie 64 beta which are also missing in the official files.

Yes, my RDB will also include hackroms. I have already added a bunch of Super Mario 64 hacks, including Super Banjo-Kazooie 64 and Super Mario Star Road. I would add GoldenEye X if I knew how to apply the patch correctly (my resulting ROM gives me bad textures. If you could tell me the CRC1 and CRC2 of your ROM (In File/ROM Info) I would appreciate it. Make sure you're using the latest version 5a). Zelda's Birthday has the same CRC as the Ocarina of Time Debug ROM, so it should already come configured (trough it will show up as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (U) (Debug Version) (GCN) in my RDB, no way to fix it except changing the name, but then the normal OoT Debug ROM would appear as Zelda's Birthday (U) (TLoZ:OoT Hack)).

you can always help with the rdb for 2.0 .. I can add your changes in

Oh, thank you. I'll release everything tomorrow, so you can have a look at it.

etking

The checksums of the latest Goldeneye X are
CRC1: 0x609D608F
CRC2: 0x7E6E380E

Maybe we should create a new thread to discuss new rdb stuff.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

The checksums of the latest Goldeneye X are
CRC1: 0x609D608F
CRC2: 0x7E6E380E

Maybe we should create a new thread to discuss new rdb stuff.

I was going to make mine today, but I've been a tad busy. Maybe tomorrow I can make it (trough I don't want to keep promising and delaying it, it already reminds me of the Ocarina of Time URA EXPANSION project, which is currently halted due to the author being depressed...).

Thanks for the CRCs, seems like my ROM is correct after all. I wonder what is causing the corrupted/garbled textures...

etking

This is normal, GE X is currently multiplayer only. As PD textures had to be replaced the main missions do not show the correct ones. Future versions will include new singleplayer levels too.