What's new

Project 64's Legacy!

DK64

banjo/banjo tooie probably use the same ucode, but the rom itseld has some sort of complex encryption to prevent piracy...this encryption has nothing to do witht he ucode and, therefore, it should look just as good as banjo currently looks.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
True - Banjo has a hellish encryption - one that only that games has. But graphically it is no different to Banjo. I think this is why rare did it because without it it is easy to emulate.PJ64 runs Banjo-Tooie so it knows its opcode it just doesn't display graphics. I think that 1964 may play it very well later

2fast4u

mmcoder said:

I took a look at the source code and it's basically a lot like the 1964 source code, that is to say that it's freaking complicated beyond belief :) Only an incredibly experienced N64 coder is going to do anything with it, IMO. Azimer, schibo, or someone of that caliber. I did get a big CPU usage improvement by recompiling the RSP.dll with a .NET beta compiler though, but I can't give that out. I think someone else should verify that and see about making a recompiled release sometime though.

however m$ advised not to use the beta vs-versions, at least in the beta 2 they sent me. however i dunno how big the problem with bugs in the beta compiler is.
"someone else should verify that" - who should that be? the original authors very likely won't do it, what about smiff?

link007

whoa havent been in the forums lots of time.
my acount was erased :angry: .
pj got a long way since the "secret emu" days.
i enjoyed checking out each release even though my proccesor sucks???
jabo & zilmar good luck on the future u both are briliant proggramers, hope to reach your level one day:D
:pj64: forever .